Whats the earliest I can safely book a flight for the return?

TonisZ

We are traveling on the Spirit on 8/21. When we get back on 8/28 - we want to take the 11:38am flight back to Los Angeles. DO they issue some kind of priority for people with early flights? I am a Latitudes member is that helps...

Also, how long is the taxi ride from the port to the airport?

That sounds like it's too early. You didn't mention when the ship is scheduled to dock for disembarkation. But typically it's around 8 or so. Clearing customs and disembarkation usually take about 2 hours or so. You probably wouldn't be off the boat until 10 or so. And that's assuming all goes well. In addition, there's the added security at the airport. Personally, I wouldn't book a flight earlier than 1.

I was on the first Spirit cruise and I took a chance and booked an 11:15 am flight back to Atlanta. On your last night, they will ask you come to the purser's desk if you have a flight before noon. They want proof, so be sure to take something with you. They give you brown luggage tags and if the stupid alien that they kept paging had checked in, we would have been off the ship earlier. As it was, we got off close to 9:15 am, and we got to the airport in plenty of time for our flight. It worked out great.

Good luck to you and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

The last 2 cruises we took our air departure times were 11:25 & 11:30. We made both flights....however not without stressing really hard when the ship didn't clear customs, and the other time we arrived late back to port. I don't want to book an early flight again but that seems to be all we can find before 7:00 pm. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Archived