How tall is the Star?

alwalaska

How tall is the NCL Star? I know it is 14 decks, but I am wondering how tall it is above the water line. We are going under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge next month and I was wondering how it will compare to when we went under on the Explorer of the Seas.

Put it this way, when we were on the bow watching the rest of the ship clear the bridge, it didn't look like we'd make it ;) It's a close call. I don't have an official reference, but when I was looking up information one source said the highest point of the ship cleared the bridge by 3-4m (9-12 feet), but as you say it depends on the tide.

I do recall the officer talking about this on our bridge tour, and this being one of the great benefits of having really good harbour pilots!

Does anyone remember how long it takes after you leave port before you get to the bridge?

If we can't be right at the front or the back of the ship, which side it better? I assume Lady Liberty is on the starboard side. Is that correct?

If you are leaving at 4pm on a weekend, which it looks like you are, the ship usually goes under the bridge a little before 5pm.

The skyline will be on your left (port) at the beginning, the statue on the right (starboard) after you pass the southern tip of Manhattan.

Archived