Help taking 12 yr old granddaughter on Nieuw Amsterdam

fieldagent

Help taking 12 yr old granddaughter on Nieuw Amsterdam July 17th Venice to Venice. What are the best shore excursions Venice, Montenegro, Athens, Istanbul, Mykonos, Santorini, Split? Any tips for traveling with a pre teen?

I think if you go to the individual Ports board here on CC for each of those ports you'd get better answers.

Also, if you go to the Roll Call for that cruise you can find out if there are other pre-teens or teens onboard and perhaps link up for tours with them and their parents.

Here's wishing you smooth sailing and fantastic adventures.

Actually the Port of Call Boards for Europe here on CC are also a wealth of knowledge. They have a great deal of information from other cruisers.

So much depends on your granddaughters' interests and maturity level.

I would definitely consider some 'Do It Yourself' ports where you can explore by yourself with a nice mix of pizza, kebabs, turkish delights and gelato stops mixed in. :)

Here is a link to the main Europe board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Have a lovely time!

Hello Fieldagent, you need to join our roll call. There seems to be several people traveling with children near your granddaughter's age. My 3 daughters are going with me but they are all grown. It is getting closer and I am so excited.

Deb

Archived