Has anyone used "Cruising Excursions" tours?

Other than the testimonials the company has posted on their website, there is little feedback.

They have live chat online and some of the reps are fairly knowledgeable. Some seem new.

Our emails are promptly answered. Simonne has been very helpful and has the most knowledge about the tours. Gay is fine too.

I have one private tour w/driver and a small group tour from Monte Carlo. I am trying the smart price tour to FLorence which is a "big bus" tour.

I will report back with my experience both here and tripadvisor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How were your tours with cruising excursions.com? Looking to book with them. Tx

Our tour in Monte Carlo was great, they used Liven up tours, it was even better than described online.

Florence was great driver(Matteo) and excellent guide (Sami) exceeded expectations

Rome, not so good, driver was a taxi driver who usually does airport transfers and was filling in for a driver guide friend who double booked. If I had paid the cheaper tour it would have been okay. But I had paid about $600 for a private driver guide. The guy was on the phone cussing to his friend about the traffic and that he did not know how to get to some of the main sites. We were very disappointed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Got off my ship in Barcelona with pre-paid voucher in hand. Where was my pick up person as Cruising Excursions promised? I waited and looked for the sign as instructed. And I waited. Luckily I had a cell phone and called the company in the UK. Sorry, no one to pick you up. But that's why I made a reservation with you and pre-paid for the transfer to catch my flight. Sorry, no one to pick you up. Just grab a taxi and we will reimburse you for the fare to the airport.

6 months later after providing copies of the taxi receipt (3 times) I still have not been paid back the taxi fare.

Do you like being stranded on your vacation at the whim of a company that does not back up their word? It's your choice but never again for me.

• 2 weeks later...

We did two tours: in Livorno to Pisa and Florence, and Naples and Pisa. They were prompt in picking us up and were informative. The only problems we had were some other guests were late turning up to meeting points and didn't come prepared for the journeys (no money, suitable footwear, jackets etc all requiring stops and delays). Other than that we would use them again as they are a lot better value than the ship tours: though in a port where timeliness is super duper important (like to Rome) I would pay a premium and go with the ship for added security. Things got a bit tense on the way back from Florence due to a guest being nearly 45minutes late and then everyone wandering off to get drinks, use the toilet etc: other peoples stupidity could have ruined our holiday!

• 4 months later...

I did a tour with Barcelona Experience. Gaston was our tour guide. He was really friendly, knowledgeable and spoke perfect English. We did a bike tour, but he does walking tours and driving day tours, too. I would recommend him! His prices are competitive, too.