To Pack or Not to Pack

Little Nell..certainly do get the tea from the buffet. 4 / 5 times in the morning...Mrs Rebel also think I drink tea too much :D little does she know when I'm sitting there with my mug..it's not tea ;)

Sounds good, I like a few mugs of tea in the morning :D

I agree with all that has been said about readers. I have a Sony although was adamant when DH bought his about 4 years ago that I had no use for one. DD gave me one for Xmas 2010 and I threw a wobbler (as well as saying thank you graciously) and told her she shouldn't have wasted her money because I would not use it. Ours are both Sony and we have put copy passports, travel insurance, EHIC and other holiday-related paperwork on to them. Mine also has my music on SD card from MP3 player. Last year on day at sea I sat and input a list of things to take on next holiday. I haven't picked up a book since - so much for throwing a wobbler.:D

I only read other people's books! Going to check if I can put all of that info on a kindle. Good idea.

Me too but I always have a postcard size piece of card (index card) which I use with both books and kindle to make notes of characters. I write the names in a family tree order or mind map.

I too have to write a family tree- I thought it was just me who couldn't remember who is who, lol.

Flopsy

My concession to the weighty issue is to buy used paperbacks from Amazon and not hardbacks which I prefer.

I dont know much about Kindle but I'm not sure whether my tastes - I check out in advance the books I intend to buy - are catered for on it, additionally I never leave them behind because I'll probably refer to them in future.sO AT £80+ it's a bit of a luxury for me.

I am, this year, taking 4 books at a cost of £14, they are:

History of the British and Irish Lions

Never ending Star - another biography on Bob Dylan to add to my 40 year old collection

Dolphins Wake - A travelogue around the Greek Islands, my form of escapism

Recipes from a Greek Island - I read cookery books the way some people read novels LOL

I've invested in a tablet which i've put my kindle app on it, also got a kobo app and skype to use when we have free wifi, plus it takes photos and hd videos and only 7inch so fits in my hand luggage

I've invested in a tablet which i've put my kindle app on it, also got a kobo app and skype to use when we have free wifi, plus it takes photos and hd videos and only 7inch so fits in my hand luggage

blimey:) what does that all mean?:) I've invested in tablets too but mine are for health issues ha ha

blimey:) what does that all mean?:) I've invested in tablets too but mine are for health issues ha ha

Love your humour Keith :D

Kindle App is an Basically a book reader

Kobo App is a Search engine for finding books on line.

Skype is for free internet calls and cheap land calls and videoing.

RR

Love your humour Keith :D

Kindle App is an Basically a book reader

Kobo App is a Search engine for finding books on line.

Skype is for free internet calls and cheap land calls and videoing.

RR

Kobo is an alternative book reader like kindle

[quote name=Keith Jackson

I am, this year, taking 4 books at a cost of £14, they are:

History of the British and Irish Lions

Never ending Star - another biography on Bob Dylan to add to my 40 year old collection

Dolphins Wake - A travelogue around the Greek Islands, my form of escapism

Recipes from a Greek Island - I read cookery books the way some people read novels LOL[/quote]

That's interesting. Books can tell a lot about the reader. You obviously enjoy information books and a wide variety of subjects.

One problem with Kindles rather than real books is that you cannot tell what a person is reading or what language they read in. Also, I have found that a good conversation opener has been something like, "I so enjoyed reading that book".

How about a new thread, "What books have you enjoyed on holiday?". Could include magazines and Kindles, etc

Archived