Alaska '06 NCL itineries are up

mbisson

At least they are for the Sun, Star and WIND. Yep, looks like the Wind is coming back to Alaska. So far, no other ships listed and I believe the Jewel is still scheduled for a relocation cruise to the NW in May (but I haven't checked to see if it's been changed). ALSO---so far no 10 or 11 day cruises. Hopefully we'll find another ship or two (Jewel and Spirit maybe-Hope-hope) listed in the next couple days.

BTW-Star and Sun are scheduled for Seattle and the Wind for Vancouver.

With the listing there now, we're considering the Sun in late Aug or early Sept, but I'm still hopeful something of 10 or 11 days comes up.

-Monte

Guest eleven

NCL will have 4 ships sailing Alaska in 2006. The 3 mentioned above, and the Jewel will take over the Dream's 10 & 11 day cruises. The Spirit will not return to Alaska next year (will be based in New York).

I'd guess that the Jewel will be a lot higher priced than the Dream is this year (10&11) so I'll probably book the Sun soon. But I still wish the pricing would come out on the Jewel soon. It does makes sense to me that they would use their nicest ship there for the longer cruises instead of their oldest, smallest ship. jmo

-Monte

NCL will have 4 ships sailing Alaska in 2006. The 3 mentioned above, and the Jewel will take over the Dream's 10 & 11 day cruises. The Spirit will not return to Alaska next year (will be based in New York).

Where do I find this information?

Late bookings on the Dream are big bargains now. I almost booked this when on the Dawn ,but decided the $1500pp charge more than I wanted to pay. :) Now much cheaper. :)

The Spirt had 2 last minute, May RT Seattle sailings advertised at a large internet website TA for $399 today.

Gosh I wish this summer would've worked for us.

-Monte

Guest eleven

All my previous information indicated what I posted earlier was correct, but now I am learning that it might be erroneous. I have suspicions on what might happen, but I am just going to wait & see what happens. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

At least they are for the Sun, Star and WIND. Yep, looks like the Wind is coming back to Alaska. So far, no other ships listed and I believe the Jewel is still scheduled for a relocation cruise to the NW in May (but I haven't checked to see if it's been changed). ALSO---so far no 10 or 11 day cruises. Hopefully we'll find another ship or two (Jewel and Spirit maybe-Hope-hope) listed in the next couple days.

BTW-Star and Sun are scheduled for Seattle and the Wind for Vancouver.

With the listing there now, we're considering the Sun in late Aug or early Sept, but I'm still hopeful something of 10 or 11 days comes up.

-Monte

Monte, I checked the NCL website but couldn't find any 2006 Alaska cruise information. Where can I find it? Thanks!

I just checked again, and I find it on ncl.com.

Enter search for a cruise, and then put in a date range and Alaska for a destination. Make sure you enter the date in the format they want (I reversed the day and month once and it got really confused)

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

-Monte

On the NCL website click on destinations, then Alaska. When that comes up click on itineraries and some of them will be for the 2006 season. By the way brunolvr, thanks for the info on the Juneau docking situation. I had already found the info for Skagway and Ketchikan, but had not been able to locate that site for Juneau. Does anyone know anything about the dock schedule at Victoria?

On the NCL website click on destinations, then Alaska. When that comes up click on itineraries and some of them will be for the 2006 season. By the way brunolvr, thanks for the info on the Juneau docking situation. I had already found the info for Skagway and Ketchikan, but had not been able to locate that site for Juneau. Does anyone know anything about the dock schedule at Victoria?

bluedevil72, all I've been able to find out about Victoria is which ships are in port on a given day, but not the docking situation.

http://alaska.nwcruiseship.org/port_schedules.cfm?menuId=9

bluedevil72, I also found this website but it doesn't give the docking information -

http://www.victoriaharbour.org/cruiseship/documents/OgdenPointCruiseShipSchedule_001.rtf

Archived