Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

• 2 weeks later...

I am late to the party. I just read your review for the first time, and it is awesome.

My bf and I are taking this cruise in April 2013. It will be our very first cruise. I found this review very helpful!

Thanks again!

---

Ps I joined CC JUST so that I could make this post. Now I'll go explore.

Edited by tabbi_cakes

I am late to the party. I just read your review for the first time, and it is awesome.

My bf and I are taking this cruise in April 2013. It will be our very first cruise. I found this review very helpful!

Thanks again!

---

Ps I joined CC JUST so that I could make this post. Now I'll go explore.

So happy that you found my review to be helpful. If you have any questions about anything...ask away!

You will find CC very helpful in many ways. There are tons of friendly folks and a few snarky ones as well. Just weed through the snarkiness and find your answers. :O)

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

Nancy, I thought this was a new review and I got really excited. Then I realized I've already read it twice! haha. Oh well! It's still a WONDERFUL review and if anyone hasn't read it, they should!

I can't wait to be sailing on the Fantasy!

Nancy, I thought this was a new review and I got really excited. Then I realized I've already read it twice! haha. Oh well! It's still a WONDERFUL review and if anyone hasn't read it, they should!

I can't wait to be sailing on the Fantasy!

Thanks Tori! Cant wait to sail away with ya!

I still go back to read parts of your review and I have been on Fantasy twice. Have 2 more booked MAybe 1 day can meet you and the Andrew. I just love your reviews. i know on one of your crises you had the very back aft. I had E244 on one cries and have it booked again but was wondering if you liked the view better from one of the side OVs vs the back aft. Trying to decide if I want one of the side cabins. Until recently I cruised mainly in insides u til I found that back aft.

I still go back to read parts of your review and I have been on Fantasy twice. Have 2 more booked MAybe 1 day can meet you and the Andrew. I just love your reviews. i know on one of your crises you had the very back aft. I had E244 on one cries and have it booked again but was wondering if you liked the view better from one of the side OVs vs the back aft. Trying to decide if I want one of the side cabins. Until recently I cruised mainly in insides u til I found that back aft.

You should cruise with us in December for the 7 day we are going on. Our roll call is JUMPING! Would love to sail with ya!

The Andrew's opinion may be different but I would much prefer one of the side OVs rather than the back aft just for the view itself. I thought it was neat being able to see the wake but for the amount of time we spend in the room we didnt see much wake. It is pretty limited in your view back there where as having a side view, you can see more panoramically. (Does that make sense? :p) Dont get me wrong, I loved our room. But given a choice I would probably choose a side view for an OV over aft. But above all of that, we prefer a Porthole room. We have one for our december sailing.

You should cruise with us in December for the 7 day we are going on. Our roll call is JUMPING! Would love to sail with ya!

The Andrew's opinion may be different but I would much prefer one of the side OVs rather than the back aft just for the view itself. I thought it was neat being able to see the wake but for the amount of time we spend in the room we didnt see much wake. It is pretty limited in your view back there where as having a side view, you can see more panoramically. (Does that make sense? :p) Dont get me wrong, I loved our room. But given a choice I would probably choose a side view for an OV over aft. But above all of that, we prefer a Porthole room. We have one for our december sailing.

Boy would I love to go with you on that sailing but since I'm going in January and May don't think I can swing it LOL.

Yes it makes perfect sense or either we think alike :DThat's kind of what I thought on the view and I will probably change my room - just went ahead and booked the aft because it is usually harder to get. Thanks so much!

Can't wait to read your review in December ;) I wish I could do a porthole but I can't hardly sit in the showroom. I don't get any kind of sick feeling on the ship except when I am in the showroom so I try not to go to the front of the ship. Hope you all have a blast.

Edited by kjeanne2001
add

Our shade tree

CarnivalFantasy2012380.jpg

the Andrew with libations

CarnivalFantasy2012383.jpg

Bahama papa. It has dark rum, light rum and a fruity blended juice mixture. After I drank it down a bit, I added some of our duty free rum to it to keep the party going!

CarnivalFantasy2012384.jpg

Happy Andrew

CarnivalFantasy2012385.jpg

Segway tour went by. Hay-ohhh!

CarnivalFantasy2012388.jpg

And then I heard a ship horn and panicked a little. It was the Glory leaving

CarnivalFantasy2012391.jpg

The smile on 'the Andrew's' face is priceless. I am so glad he, as well as you, had a fun time. I'm totally loving your review and photos.

Nancy,

First of all, I think I am a lil bit late to reading your review, but I have read a previous review by you and I have a little randomness to add. Please tell Andrew, he is my hero. No joke. I cuddle up on the couch with my cat to do some internet browsing and I am immediately horrified and in tears to read about Andrew's ordeal. But I still have to smile that somewhere in the world (and our beautiful state) is a man that ran into a burning home for his cat.

Kudos Andrew!

Now, for my question. I am planning a 5 day cruise out of Charleston and was trying to run a budget in my head. I know what all the wise ones say about budgeting. $100 per day. Half in your luggage and twice as much moolah. I would really appreciate a better opinion. It seems that my husband and I have VERY similar habits to you and Andrew. What do you recommend?

:)

Love your review feel like I know the ship allready. This will be our first cruise and I am so excited. Thank you for a great review:)

You will totally fall in love with cruising. It is a really expensive addiction but at least it is a fairly healthy one. :p There is nothing quite like your first cruise. There is a sense of awe and wonderment that never leaves your face. And when you see your first sunset at sea...you will be hooked.

The smile on 'the Andrew's' face is priceless. I am so glad he, as well as you, had a fun time. I'm totally loving your review and photos.

It was amazing to see that smile after a solid year of complete depression. It was great to escape the real world for a moment and re-group.

Boy would I love to go with you on that sailing but since I'm going in January and May don't think I can swing it LOL.

Yes it makes perfect sense or either we think alike :DThat's kind of what I thought on the view and I will probably change my room - just went ahead and booked the aft because it is usually harder to get. Thanks so much!

Can't wait to read your review in December ;) I wish I could do a porthole but I can't hardly sit in the showroom. I don't get any kind of sick feeling on the ship except when I am in the showroom so I try not to go to the front of the ship. Hope you all have a blast.

There is definitely some motion up there so probably best you didnt do a porthole room. ;)

There have only been 2 times where I felt a bit wonky on a cruise. Once when I went to the aft portion on the Triumph and was waiting for burgers from the grill and once while walking on the outside of Fantasy under the life boats. The lifeboat area had some sort of machinery sound that I think was messing with my inner ear or something. I almost felt vertigo or something. Once I left that area, I was fine though.

Nancy,

First of all, I think I am a lil bit late to reading your review, but I have read a previous review by you and I have a little randomness to add. Please tell Andrew, he is my hero. No joke. I cuddle up on the couch with my cat to do some internet browsing and I am immediately horrified and in tears to read about Andrew's ordeal. But I still have to smile that somewhere in the world (and our beautiful state) is a man that ran into a burning home for his cat.

Kudos Andrew!

Now, for my question. I am planning a 5 day cruise out of Charleston and was trying to run a budget in my head. I know what all the wise ones say about budgeting. $100 per day. Half in your luggage and twice as much moolah. I would really appreciate a better opinion. It seems that my husband and I have VERY similar habits to you and Andrew. What do you recommend?

:)

The Andrew is a HUGE animal lover. Just about a month before the fire, that same cat that perished in the fire had gotten loose from the house and climbed a tree all the way to the top. Andrew climbed this tree (about 50 feet up) and brought the cat down. I guess poor Sid's 9 lives were just "up". :( We had only had her for about 2 months before the fire occurred. Either way, I am glad I still have my Andrew in my life. Life would be miserable without him.

Now, to answer your question. For budgeting purposes we have a pretty loose budgeting style. I try to start with a figure that I will have in regards to spending money based on how much we have saved. On our 5 day sailing I had $500.00 to put on our sail and sign account and about $100 for each port. Then we plan our port activities around that dollar amount. I really should have budgeted more for Nassau but since it was our last port, I didnt really have wiggle room to make adjustments.

This time I have been pre-ordering drink coupons since that is money that isnt part of my vacation fund, so this should cut down on our day to day expenses. We are also boarding with a $120.00 credit because of price drops. I always keep in the back of my mind that I may want to buy a picture here or there and we all know those things are VERY expensive so I limit myself to one or two. We dont buy Carnival excursions anymore since we are on a very limited budget so our port days usually become a beach day. I think we may be bringing about $500 again this time depending on how much we can save up by then. But honestly, that $100.00 a day is about right on the money. Hope this helps! :D

Help Immensely, Nancy.

And it goes without saying, your readers are all just as happy that Andrew is still in your life, too.

:D

Thanks for the advice. I feel a little better about the budget planning and we also had decided the drink coupons were the way to go, as well. That looks like it will provide a big cushion for "sticker shock". Plus from what I read you can redeem a set (4) for a bucket of beer. Can't go wrong there!!!

Help Immensely, Nancy.

And it goes without saying, your readers are all just as happy that Andrew is still in your life, too.

:D

Thanks for the advice. I feel a little better about the budget planning and we also had decided the drink coupons were the way to go, as well. That looks like it will provide a big cushion for "sticker shock". Plus from what I read you can redeem a set (4) for a bucket of beer. Can't go wrong there!!!

Also, keep in mind that a Foster's oil can beer ends up being the better deal. 750ml for the same price as a 16 oz Budweiser. (A little bit more alcohol as well) The only trick is that they get warm pretty quickly so ask for a bucket of ice for it to sit in.

• 1 month later...

I am going on a cruise with my husband and 6 year old for the 1st time in January. I came across this review and love it!! I also read your earlier one. All those yummy drinks makes me regret our decision to take our son! However, he is the reason we are going on our first ever cruise. He's been asking what an ocean looks like and we figured what better way than a cruise to show him an ocean!! Thanks for the review!

I am going on a cruise with my husband and 6 year old for the 1st time in January. I came across this review and love it!! I also read your earlier one. All those yummy drinks makes me regret our decision to take our son! However, he is the reason we are going on our first ever cruise. He's been asking what an ocean looks like and we figured what better way than a cruise to show him an ocean!! Thanks for the review!

I am glad you enjoyed the review. You can always have at least ONE froo froo yummy drink. Just one! :p

I cant think of a better ocean to show your son. Even growing up near the beach all my life, I still stand awestruck at the turquoise blue of the ports of call I have visited. I am especially fond of Nassau since that is the very first place I saw "kool aid blue" water. Our beaches around here arent that blue.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help!

• 4 weeks later...
great review! i went on the fantasy last october and it looks like you guys had a similar experience. lol glad to see that im not the only person that wants to brutally murder the dj when i hear the wobble or that ****ty line dance song.

-Roger

The Andrew says yes! Only about 15 days til we are on her again. Glad you enjoyed her review. Look for another to show up here in a few weeks with more drunken debauchery and shennanigans.

• 2 months later...