Elation 3/19-3/24 first time cruising family - happy to answer questions

chelspie

Can you post pictures of the lido deck pool? We will be sailing in 11 days and a wake-up!! So ready to go. I enjoyed your review also:)

Hi, and thanks! I just posted some photos, and one of those is an overview of the Lido Deck on a non-busy day.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi! We did not go into Progreso. The people who went said it was fine, but it was hot (they did the ruins). In Cozumel, we were scheduled for the Passion Island Catamaran. The Elation docked at 9, but the gangway was closed from 9:30 until just after 10. We were supposed to be down at 9:45 for the excursion, but the lines were so long, and when we got off the pier, the boat had left. We should have left the Elation at 9 sharp and wandered around until it was time to go to the pier where the cataraman was. This was one of those "if we'd known" scenarios because the lines waiting to get off the boat were snaked up flights of stairs, and I thought Carnival would be zoning people based on excursions pre-paid / purchased, but that wasn't the case. It never occurred to me to tell the people waiting I had to pass them by and go to the bottom because I was on an excursion leaving at 10. I assumed everyone was going somewhere and that Carnival would have the boat wait because closing the gangway had caused everyone a delay. They offered another excursion, but for a variety of reasons (any of which I'd be happy to go into more!), we took a refund instead.

Cozumel was also where I discovered that I had not authorized my Visa I had with me for international travel. My husband had to go back to the boat and get his card and authorize it. We had not planned on buying anything, and our excursion had been prepaid, so we were not prepared there.

Due to all of that, our Cozumel day was not the greatest, but we still had a great cruise overall, and were ready to do it all again in a heartbeat.

What are the DODs? Probably not since I don't know! We only drank beer on deck and wine with dinner. There were some tasty looking fruity drinks everywhere though!

What is the process to authorize your visa for international travel ? I am taking my parents to Cozumel and they are Indian citizens, is there something that I need to take care of through the embassy before I board the cruise ?

• 3 weeks later...
What is the process to authorize your visa for international travel ? I am taking my parents to Cozumel and they are Indian citizens, is there something that I need to take care of through the embassy before I board the cruise ?

Hi, sorry I am just now finding this. The Visa card I needed to authorize was my bank debit card. It only pertained to international travel for financial reasons with the bank. Sorry if that was not clear!

Not surpriesed about the ID's. We saw them doing this when we sailed her in Spetember. A few parents got pretty upset, but when the say 21+ they mean it. Some of the stuff they talk about in the adult shows I wouldn't want my kid sitting next to me for anyway. Over 21 or not! lol

Archived