Infinity Divers Aqua Center

cdlu

Has anyone used this place for the Snorkeling trip? www.infinitydivers.com I inquired via email as to what the Snorkel trip included. The reply was as follows:

Snorkelling trip timetables 8:30, 10:30 and 2:30 pm.

We are going to take you on one of our reef to snorkel.

No guide during snorkelling.

If you need snorkelling gear the price is 20USD, if not 15 UDS.

The trip last 1 hour.

Ya don't really need to pay a guy to take you to the reef. Infinity Bay where Infinity Divers seems to be located shares a property boundary with Tabyana, the part of West Bay beach the cruise companies use.

The reason I say you don't need to pay a guy is cause the reef on that part of West Bay is very close to the beach. Have a look at this thread to give you a better idea of West Bay and the snorkling there.

These are pics I took March of this year while snorkling West Bay between the Infinity Pier and the Iguana Wall.

You can sure pay to have someone take to you out on a boat but if you have not snorkeled West Bay... try that 1st. :D

I have been reading all the information about the snorkeling out in front of Infinity Bay; which is why I asked about this particular place. Just wondering if they take you somewhere other than where the discussion has been. You think he was talking about the same reef that you all have discussed?

I have been reading all the information about the snorkeling out in front of Infinity Bay; which is why I asked about this particular place. Just wondering if they take you somewhere other than where the discussion has been. You think he was talking about the same reef that you all have discussed?

It is all the same reef, it is second in size only to the Great Barrier in OZ.

Perhaps you mean same place.. it is hard to know what they will do with you. They may take you out with a dive boat and depending on were the divers have been make a choice, they may take you right out in front of Infinity, they may take you to any one of a number of dive spots in West Bay or West End.

I have been to several dive spots to snorkel including Blue Channel and two in Sandy Bay. I can tell you if the visibility is good the snorkeling in West Bay is very good. If you have already snorkeled West Bay... have discussions about someone taking you to Blue Channel. It starts out very shallow and gradually gets deeper.

Hmm if any of your party are not strong swimmers you are better off in West Bay. :)

I have also hear amazing things about Upachaya. I didn't get out with them this year cause of the distance from where I was staying.

Maybe I am mis understanding the reason for the question. :)

It is all the same reef, it is second in size only to the Great Barrier in OZ.

Perhaps you mean same place.. it is hard to know what they will do with you. They may take you out with a dive boat and depending on were the divers have been make a choice, they may take you right out in front of Infinity, they may take you to any one of a number of dive spots in West Bay or West End.

I have been to several dive spots to snorkel including Blue Channel and two in Sandy Bay. I can tell you if the visibility is good the snorkeling in West Bay is very good. If you have already snorkeled West Bay... have discussions about someone taking you to Blue Channel. It starts out very shallow and gradually gets deeper.

Hmm if any of your party are not strong swimmers you are better off in West Bay. :)

I have also hear amazing things about Upachaya. I didn't get out with them this year cause of the distance from where I was staying.

Maybe I am mis understanding the reason for the question. :)

You are doing fine. I have never been to Roatan and am looking for a good place to snorkel. I don't mind having to swim out to a reef. I had come across the Infinity place and wonder if anyone had used them and could tell us where they took them to snorkel.

Ahhh ok,

There are any one of a number of places a boat may take you one of them is swimming distance from Infinity. It would be hard to say where the company you are asking about may take you even if someone tells you were they went. I get the impression if you choose this company you will part of the dive boat operation, the reason I say this is cause of the times offered.

I went out with a local by the name of Danial one day. He works for Foster's. I was having breakfast with one of Foster's sons when Danial walked pass. It was decide between the two of them I join Danial with others going to Blue Channel to snorkel. I didn't realize until much later Daniel was going with us as a guide. It was kinda cool to have local company in the water. If ya want just pop by Foster's and ask for him.

But as I said above... if you seek very good snorkeling and do not want to pay extra, West Bay is amazing.

Archived