RENFE train from Barcelona to airport

CuTiAngel

Has anyone of you used the RENFE train to go to BCN airport from Barcelona city?

I'll be staying post-cruise close to Glories and according to some website, the train starts from El Clot, which is just a few blocks from the hotel. Since it works with the T10 ticket, I would be saving a whole lot to take this train than getting a taxi.

Here are my questions:

- Is the train to the airport the same station as the Clot metro station?

- Is there a turnstyle to get to the platform? If so, will a large luggage be able to get through? Our group is two people with two large luggages and two small carry-ons.

- Does the train go to Terminal 1 at the airport?

Has anyone of you used the RENFE train to go to BCN airport from Barcelona city?

I'll be staying post-cruise close to Glories and according to some website, the train starts from El Clot, which is just a few blocks from the hotel. Since it works with the T10 ticket, I would be saving a whole lot to take this train than getting a taxi.

Here are my questions:

- Is the train to the airport the same station as the Clot metro station?

- Is there a turnstyle to get to the platform? If so, will a large luggage be able to get through? Our group is two people with two large luggages and two small carry-ons.

- Does the train go to Terminal 1 at the airport?

Yes, the stations are co-located. Yes, there's turnstiles, but also gates. I think there's a shuttle bus between the terminals if it doesn't go to T1

Yes, the stations are co-located. Yes, there's turnstiles, but also gates. I think there's a shuttle bus between the terminals if it doesn't go to T1

Thanks for your reply! So, I'm assuming if the luggage is too big for the turnstiles, I could take it through the gate instead?

Do you happen to know if there is a fee to take the shuttle from T2 to T1? I just ran a search but only found out the time schedule...

Many thanks!

Thanks for your reply! So, I'm assuming if the luggage is too big for the turnstiles, I could take it through the gate instead?

Do you happen to know if there is a fee to take the shuttle from T2 to T1? I just ran a search but only found out the time schedule...

Many thanks!

no fee, train from Sans to Airport every 30 mins

No fee but the train could be very crowded. Also it is a bit confusing to find your way once getting off the train station at the airport.

If you use the train, give it ample time - because you have to change at Sans, plus finding your way once you arrive airport.

It would probably be easier for you to take the Aerobus from Placa Catalunya to the airport. They run every ten minutes or so. One goes to Terminal 1 and the other to Terminal 2. The last time we used it it cost about 5 euros each and was very easy.

It would probably be easier for you to take the Aerobus from Placa Catalunya to the airport. They run every ten minutes or so. One goes to Terminal 1 and the other to Terminal 2. The last time we used it it cost about 5 euros each and was very easy.

Thanks for the suggestion but Placa Catalunya seems a bit too far for us to drag the luggage to all the way from Glories...

No fee but the train could be very crowded. Also it is a bit confusing to find your way once getting off the train station at the airport.

If you use the train, give it ample time - because you have to change at Sans, plus finding your way once you arrive airport.

I'm getting a bit confused... so, if I take the train from El Clot, I will have to transfer to another train at Sans to get to the airport? Does the train not go from El Clot to the airport directly? Thanks.

Not according to RENFE.ES. Click on the regional train button, then select Barcelona, and your stations.

Departure point : Barcelona-El Clot-Aragó

Destination : Aeroport

Day of travel: : 14-04-2012 Time of Departure requested from: 08.00 Time of Departure requested until: 11.59

Time of Departure Time of Arrival Línea Time of travel

08.25 08.57 R2 0.32

08.55 09.27 R2 0.32

09.25 09.57 R2 0.32

09.55 10.27 R2 0.32

10.25 10.57 R2 0.32

10.55 11.27 R2 0.32

11.25 11.57 R2 0.32

11.55 12.27 R2 0.32

Archived