Ziplining belize vs roatan

Coralsugar

Hi

We want to zipline in one of the ports.

Do you prefer the zip in Belize or Roatan?

Is there any difference? Is the zipline crowded in Belize?

Is it possible to combine it with other activity (ruins maybe) or is that too far? We can not do cave tubbing.

I think cave-tubing and zip lining are close together and get bundled in some excursions. Nothing at the cruise port in Belize. I would opt for one of the Zip Lines in Roatan. South ShoreCanopy, Clip N Zip, Pirates of the Caribbean. Much more scenic. Nearer ports or other activities.

We just zip lined in Belize on Apr. 4th. The only thing you can really combine with it (due to its location) is cave tubing. The zip line in Belize is definitely busy, but nice. I do think that the zip lining in Roatan is much more scenic and they have more than 1 location, so it's less busy too.

In Roatan, you'd be able to find tours that combine zip lining with more options as well.

Did the clip n zip in roatan and it was great. Best part is you get off the ship and walk across the pavement and you are there. They took groups of 4 so it was not crowded when we went. Dont bother with the pirates of the carribean was such a waste of money. clip n zip has a website so you can print and fill out waiver and take it with you and you get 5 bucks off if you are on a ship so its only like 30 pp.

also Belize is the best spot for snorkeling so if you like to do that you might concider that option. Beaches in roatan arent that great unless you go to the other side of the island

It depends on where your ship is docked. If you are at the private "cruise terminal" at Mahogany Bay, you are not near anything.....If you're lucky enough to dock at Coxen Hole, you are so much closer to all the beautiful areas of Roatan. (But note, the island of Roatan is only 36 miles long and 3 miles wide.....Nothing is too far away.)

The beaches are amazing and the reef (the same one that stretches from Belize) is very close. Great diving and snorkeling as well as crystal clear water.

Belize and Roatan are both fantastic for water days.

We have done the Gumbalimba and Bodden ziplines in Roatan through Rony and Bodden, respectively, and the cave tube ziplines in Belize through Vitalino's .bz site. All were fun, but I would rate them in the order of Gumbalimba, cavetube, Bodden. However you need to keep a few things in mind with regard to ratings. They are very subjective, as we had no crowd at all three the times we've been there. That might factor into how much fun you have. The Gumbalimba lines were the most fun (the longest runs of the three, higher as well), with a MUCH higher interest in visitor safety than the other two. Cavetube lines follow, then Bodden. Our youngest has had a fear of heights, so the cavetube run was a good test for him. He had no problem with it, and LOVED the Gumbalimba lines, so I will state that his fear of heights is over.

The Gumbalimba lines also feature a visit to the entire park for a very small fee right now, total for lines and park was $50 per person, I believe. How often do you get to zip 007-style into a jungle park, then wander among free-roaming parrots, iguanas and monkeys?

If you opt for cavetubing and ziplines, this will shorten your visit to the caves, just so you know. I would opt next time for a longer cave expedition. Truth be told, I would prefer a week to explore the caves, but that's just me.

We are sailing RCCI...where will they dock in Roatan? If you do the zip line will there be time for other excursions or are there near by beaches to relax?

I looked at RCCI's website at their "port information" brochure and it talks about getting buses and cabs from Coxens Hole so I believe you will be docking there as opposed to "the other port". I didn't know there was a second port since the island is so small.

You can do a zip line along with a beach break. It only takes about 15 minutes to get from Coxens Hole to the beaches on the north side. There are only a few roads so I don't think it takes too long to get anywhere. Like another poster said, the island is only 3 miles wide (straight up and back down over the mountain).

also Belize is the best spot for snorkeling so if you like to do that you might concider that option. Beaches in roatan arent that great unless you go to the other side of the island

I think Roatan's reef is of the same caliber as that found off of Belize. Plus, its located right at the beach instead of miles from shore. In Belize you may get to spend 45 minutes at the reef, but in Roatan, you can spend all day there... and zip-line too! :)

If we were talking about land based tours, time and logistics wouldn't be so much of an issue, but since we're talking about excursions from a ship, I think Roatan is the best spot for snorkeling! The reef is equally enjoyable and it's location is much better suited for cruisers. :cool:

Archived