How far is it from the Inner Harbor to the cruise ship terminal?

We are considering doing the city tour with Celebrity. There is an option to be let off at the Inner Harbor to explore and then get back to the ship yourself. I am wondering if this would be worth our while and how far is it back to the ship? Is it within walking distance, or do we need to take a cab, shuttle or bus? Also what is there to do at the Inner Harbor? Would an hour or 2 give us enough time to walk around?

thank you

We are considering doing the city tour with Celebrity. There is an option to be let off at the Inner Harbor to explore and then get back to the ship yourself. I am wondering if this would be worth our while and how far is it back to the ship? Is it within walking distance, or do we need to take a cab, shuttle or bus? Also what is there to do at the Inner Harbor? Would an hour or 2 give us enough time to walk around?

thank you

Lots to do and see in the inner harbour. Street vendors; entertainers etc. It's about a mile back to the ship.

This map should help, the red line showing the walk between the two

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212770407613531027445.0004665d7f3e28f06866d&msa=0&ll=48.416869,-123.373418&spn=0.023356,0.041585

IMO it is very walkable, but I guess it depends on what you call walkable, the length you want to walk, and the fitness of your group. If it's a nice day or evening, it's a beautiful walk (right through my old neighbourhood - I miss James Bay!).

Have fun. :)

I've cruise 3 coastal and am very familiar with the walk. It takes about 15-20 minutes and is very easy. It takes a bit longer if you follow the sea wall back versus taking a direct line. The tourist maps at the port's "visitors center" are pretty easy to follow.

Archived