Istanbul private guide that takes the trams

Can anyone recommend a private guide that can take us around the sites using the trams or public transit? I keep reading about how bad the traffic is in Istanbul and I rather avoid being stuck in traffic and venture around via the trams instead. I have considered DIY, which I have done many times in the past. The problem with that is I ended up being so busy with finding our ways and reading the history and related information to my family that I didn't really get to soak up the sites myself.

Thanks in advance.

You only need to get on one tram into the city centre, then all the main sites are within walking distance. You don't need any transport other than the one tram there and back to your ship. It's really easy!

Thanks. I am not too concerned about using the tram. I am hoping to have someone who can provide us some history and interesting background on all the site as we tour the area. I would like my kids to learn as much as about the sites we visit on this trip as possible. I've found that we can enjoy the sites much more if I hire someone to provide the info rather than I reading from a guide book to them. I'd prefer the tram so that we can avoid the bad traffic that I've reading about.

Just ask a guide to meet you somewhere in the historic area at Sultanahmet. As the other poster said, you won't need them to use the tram once you all meet up. I'd suggest meeting somewhere easy to find from the tram stop at Sultanahmet, such as right in front of the entrance to the Blue Mosque (and ask them to have a paper with your name on it).

As for finding the tram stations - they are all along the track..... and they are where the tram stops :)

As for exact change - you actually need a tram token not change. They are purchased from a machine at each tram stop. You do need lira to purchase tho. Hit the ATM right outside the port exit. They have an English option but it usually is British flag......

So either way.....meet at the port or meet at a sight in town..... you will love Istanbul - one of our favorite cities ;)

Archived