Celebrity with kids?

patl95

On our Solstice cruise last June in the Med, the number of kids was not large, but they seemed to have a nice time. Here's one of my favorite visuals showing a few kids enjoying this fun area on the pool level.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 72,435 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

In the pool area, they have these water jets that put on a nice “show”, both to watch and/or for kids to play in.:

SolsticeKidsPool.jpg

Take the kids. Take the whole family. I have done it. Everyone loves it. I am taking the entire family on a cruise in few weeks. My 5year old grandson is very excited. He loves the kids club. There is plenty going on...something for all ages.

We just got off the 14 night Constellation Southern Caribbean sailing with our two daughters that are 10 and 7. I think they said there were 36 kids on board under 18 with 11 of those being teenagers. My one daughter was in the 6-8 group and loved it. My older daughter liked it too, but wasnt as "into it" as the younger one. Her complaint was that they didn't seem to know what to do with the 9-11 year olds so they would send them out on scavenger hunts all the time. I admit, I was quite surprised to see a clump of 6 of them walking around doing the "amazing race". She was content to sit on our balcony reading or listening to the bands play, but probably only went to the kids club every other day as she could read through the daily schedule and see what was interesting to her. We also had a good mix of sea and port days which also helped to break up the routine.

We traveled over our spring break and I am not sure how many schools will be off in February.

Our girls have been on 9 and 8 cruises and have loved each one for different reasons. For example, Disney because its Disney, Epic for all the entertainment options and this one for the personalized attention they got from the kids club staff. Each ship we have been on has had a good program and something to offer.

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Thank you all for the awesome input.

We actually decided to go with RCCl this time - but not because of the kids - because of my parents. The Celebrity cruise has a lot more stops and we didn't think it would be good for my parents (my mom gets winded going up a flight of stairs). Puts too much pressure on me to figure out excursions, etc....and I'm vacation to get away from stress :)

So, we decided for next year we'll stick with RCCL (the Allure at that...I know, huge ship...I'll probably loose my parents tons of times...but at least they can't go too far) but maybe the year after that do Celebrity with friends that we traveled with this year. I think we (and our kids) would love it.

Thanks again for the input!

Patty

Archived