Lost Passports

Lindajlamarre

I won't go into how they got lost, but we think it happened between airports. Passports were in outside zipped pocket of our luggage inside a manilla envelope and somehow the contents of the envelope slipped out. Lesson learned...DON'T EVER PACK IMPORTANT PAPERS ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR LUGGAGE...ZIPPED OR NOT! DAAAA!

Ok, so I told you how it happened...so...anyone have experience at replacing a lost passport? I intend to go to the Post Office to ask the same question but thought I'd pose the question here anyway...

I'm guessing I'll have to just do the process all over again...including paying the $$$ for them again!

lin

I won't go into how they got lost,

Ok, so I told you how it happened...so...anyone have experience at replacing a lost passport? I intend to go to the Post Office to ask the same question but thought I'd pose the question here anyway...

I'm guessing I'll have to just do the process all over again...including paying the $$$ for them again!

lin

Been there, done that....ours were stolen out of DH's rental car. Go online and fill out the lost passport document like tef said. It will be recorded and you'll receive a letter back from them stating you have filed the lost passport document. When you apply for a new passport......at $ 97.00 (or something like that)....its easier if you take the letter with you. They will copy it and attach it to your new application.

Sandra

I have always wondered about an easy way to carry passport, boarding passes and a small amt. of cash so I don't have to keep getting into my purse. Finally found a case with a neckcord that is comfortable & lightweight. Holds the passport so the photo & info is visible, in another pocket room for the boarding pass and a small pocket for a credit card or small amt. of cash. It folds and closes with velco. Found it at Magellan's website. They have many other travel items that are very user friendly.

Norma

Archived