Vantage Douro River Cruise May 2012

luckyfriday

Hi "PL" Have you sailed with Vantage before? When you see me on the ship will you give me a wave? :)

We've only been with Vantage on Ocean Cruise Tours, never on a river cruise. How will I know to whom I should wave? (Are you taking the precruise to Madeira?)

We've only been with Vantage on Ocean Cruise Tours, never on a river cruise. How will I know to whom I should wave? (Are you taking the precruise to Madeira?)

Hi PL..This is our second River Cruise..(first up Rhine many years ago..was spectacular), but this is first with Vantage.. I've been curious to find out how Vantage is and what to expect on the Douro River cruise. We aren't on the pretrip to Madeira..we are flying in to Lisbon on 5/2. It's a small ship - we'll be the two women waiving?? We'll have to figure out some sort of secret sign - Look for the couple: Pat and Jim... I'm Pat by the way! Nice to meet you.

Hi PL..This is our second River Cruise..(first up Rhine many years ago..was spectacular), but this is first with Vantage.. I've been curious to find out how Vantage is and what to expect on the Douro River cruise. We aren't on the pretrip to Madeira..we are flying in to Lisbon on 5/2. It's a small ship - we'll be the two women waiving?? We'll have to figure out some sort of secret sign - Look for the couple: Pat and Jim... I'm Pat by the way! Nice to meet you.

We are Frank & Diane. I'm slim with blonde ponytail & bangs and wear glasses. Frank is the Big Guy (as my cleaning lady calls him). My travel wardrobe is mostly black for practical purposes.

Looking forward to meeting you!

We are Frank & Diane. I'm slim with blonde ponytail & bangs and wear glasses. Frank is the Big Guy (as my cleaning lady calls him). My travel wardrobe is mostly black for practical purposes.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi Diane! I'm currently getting my clothes ready..lots of colors in there...yellow is popping out...(black n whites too) I'm 5'8" redish brown hair..Jim is 6' dark hair and glasses. I will look for you!

Hi all,

Chris and I are on the same trip, but in Sept. We are hoping you will be able to post some comments, photos and things not to miss about the trip. Have a great time.

Greg

Hi Greg.....will give good update on our return... Pat

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked on Vantage's May Douro River Cruise. Has anyone had any experience on this trip they can share or give advice on the stops, etc? What kind of weather should we expect for early May? Thanks.

I'm considering Vantage. Need a "referral" to get the $100 off.

Mary

I'm considering Vantage. Need a "referral" to get the $100 off.

Mary

We did Vantage Russia and it was great. We are booked on the China trip this September.

I visited Portugal in 1985 and loved the country. The people were exceptionally friendly and prices were cheap. That was before Portugal joined the EU and prices went up.

We would like to do the Douro river one day.

If you are offering us a referral, my email is

geovagriffith at comcast dot net

Archived