How close is too close? - Stuart Cove Snorkeling Timing

thegreens

So we're going to be in Nassau from 8 AM - 6 PM and want to do Stuart Cove's snorkeling trip, but they say we can't catch the 8:15 pick-up for the morning trip and we're worried about the timing of the afternoon trip which they say will get us back to the cruise port by 5:30. We feel like that doesn't leave us a lot of wiggle room at the end of the day. Has anybody else done the afternoon snorkeling trip; and if so, what time did you get back to the cruise port? TIA

last time I went out with SC there was a traffic accident along the way back (not us) which easily doubled the travel time . . . fortunately the ship I was on wasn't leaving until zero dark hundred in the morning but the pier entry area was a MESS with other folks trying to get thru security late . . .

So we're going to be in Nassau from 8 AM - 6 PM and want to do Stuart Cove's snorkeling trip, but they say we can't catch the 8:15 pick-up for the morning trip and we're worried about the timing of the afternoon trip which they say will get us back to the cruise port by 5:30. We feel like that doesn't leave us a lot of wiggle room at the end of the day. Has anybody else done the afternoon snorkeling trip; and if so, what time did you get back to the cruise port? TIA

I've heard many stories about not being back to the ship on time. ST is a 40 minutes drive at best. We have tons of construction these days. I wouldn't chance it.

Is the drive at all scenic? I figure it may be a nice way to see some of the island as well. We are not due to depart until 10 pm, so we do have time for the afternoon tour.

Scenic.. not so much.. but it will sure give you some insight into what Nassau really looks like. If you have the time.. I'd say it's a go.

Archived