Convince me to go SeaDream ....

OrlEngr

Hi ...

We need a little help ... Trying to decide on our next cruise and would like to do something more "special" than previous cruises. We have been on the other major lines (HAL, Princess, RCCL, CCL) and looking for more luxurious cruise. We just got back from HAL and Virgin Islands and would like to go back and explore more completely.

I like the idea of a sail boat ... but can somebody help me compare/contrast these lines to help us decide what is best for us. We are in our (LATE) 30's but don't necessarily need a wild party constantly. Good food is a plus but doesn't have to be gourmet.

We would like to determine which would provide the best experience. I'm also posting at other CC pages to get their opinion ... but please tell me what you like about Seadream line.

My husband and I are going on our first SeaDream cruise this November and are looking forward to it... so I can't give you information on that, but I can recommend you look at Star Clippers if you are interested in sailing. We went on the Royal Clipper for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it! There is nothing like the experience of sailing - so quiet - incredible. I would recommend the "Treasure Islands" if you can time it right. It was our first smaller cruise line experience and will probably never go back to the larger ships. It was very relaxed and unstructured. The only thing you need to consider is that there is no "entertainment" other than mingling with the other passengers, or playing "games" on deck in the evening. The food was very good... but not the production it is on the larger ships... open seating and you can choose which size table to sit at each evening. It was also very casual... I spent a lot of time on deck barefoot.

We sailed on SeaDream 1 in December 2004 for the first time after sailing on RCCL, HAL, Princess and DCL. We twice have bareboated on a 36-footer in the British Virgin Islands.

SD is nothing like any other cruise line we have been on. It is a very laid-back and casual but elegant trip. The food was very good and the service was, for the most part, outstanding. We loved not having to sign or pay for anything as it was truly all-inclusive.

We are in our early 40s and were quite comfortable with the mix on the ship. We enjoyed meeting people from all over the world. We also had lots on one-on-one time which is something that we wanted.

The size of the ship allows you to see other islands that you can't on the larger ships.

I don't think I will ever get DH on a larger ship unless it is a family trip with our DD. We are booked on SD 2 for Novemeber of the year.

If you have any other specific questions ask away:D

Archived