Nervously considering Vision Holiday Cruise

Hoping to get some advice as we are new to RCI with our upcoming first cruise on the Allure in July.

We are eyeing an 11 night Christmas/New Years Cruise on the Vision as we like the Itinerary and dates, but I am very nervous about sailing on such an old ship. Based on the huge difference in cost between Oceanview and Balcony (over $1000 pp), we would likely be looking at Oceanview. The cabins also look to be very small at only 154 sq. ft.

I haven't been in an Oceanview since I first started cruising in the early 90's. Our other option is to do a 10 night itinerary a few days later on the Emerald Princess in a BB balcony that has a huge balcony. They are both almost the same price.

I just don't know what to do. I like the Vision Itinerary better as we visit some ports that are new to us, plus we get to spend Christmas aboard(Emerald departs Dec.27, compared to Vision on Dec.24.).

The Emerald we have done and is a much larger/newer ship.

What would you do? :eek:

Hoping to get some advice as we are new to RCI with our upcoming first cruise on the Allure in July.

We are eyeing an 11 night Christmas/New Years Cruise on the Vision as we like the Itinerary and dates, but I am very nervous about sailing on such an old ship. Based on the huge difference in cost between Oceanview and Balcony (over $1000 pp), we would likely be looking at Oceanview. The cabins also look to be very small at only 154 sq. ft.

I haven't been in an Oceanview since I first started cruising in the early 90's. Our other option is to do a 10 night itinerary a few days later on the Emerald Princess in a BB balcony that has a huge balcony. They are both almost the same price.

I just don't know what to do. I like the Vision Itinerary better as we visit some ports that are new to us, plus we get to spend Christmas aboard(Emerald departs Dec.27, compared to Vision on Dec.24.).

The Emerald we have done and is a much larger/newer ship.

What would you do? :eek:

I would go with the Vision. It has the dates and itinerary that you want.

We have cruised on both the Vision and the Legend, which is in the same class as Vision. We loved them both. Although they don't have the fancy things like a flowrider and an ice rink, there is still plenty to do. They are easy ships to navigate your way around, too.

Don't worry about Vision's age. She is still a lovely ship and is kept in good repair. She certainly does not look old.

Last year, we did an 10-day cruise on Vision, of the Norwegian Fjords and up to the Arctic Circle. Vision handled the rough seas in the Arctic Circle extremely well.

We had an Oceanview cabin on both Vision and Legend - Vision for 11 days and Legend for 24 days. At no time did we feel cramped in our cabin. It was perfect for us.

I do hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

We have always planned our cruise or land based vacations after Thanksgiving and before the Christmas holiday. Seems that has always been a good lull time $$$ wise, and fits in well with our times off. Even in the first couple of weeks in Dec, it also seems like Christmas has already started. If that's part of your cruise experiance, you will likely be pleased.

I would go with the Vision. It has the dates and itinerary that you want.

We have cruised on both the Vision and the Legend, which is in the same class as Vision. We loved them both. Although they don't have the fancy things like a flowrider and an ice rink, there is still plenty to do. They are easy ships to navigate your way around, too.

Don't worry about Vision's age. She is still a lovely ship and is kept in good repair. She certainly does not look old.

Last year, we did an 10-day cruise on Vision, of the Norwegian Fjords and up to the Arctic Circle. Vision handled the rough seas in the Arctic Circle extremely well.

We had an Oceanview cabin on both Vision and Legend - Vision for 11 days and Legend for 24 days. At no time did we feel cramped in our cabin. It was perfect for us.

I do hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for posting, celle. We are sailing Vision on the 1-14-2013 cruise and are very excited about being able to do the Southern route without flying. There is almost no recent info about Vision posted, so it is good to have your input.

Archived