How cold is AC on Summit?

Caribbophile

I've been trying to decide what to bring for my cruise on the Summit 4/14; basically want to know whether to bring more long-sleeved or short-sleeved tops. I'll have a light jacket with me but have been on some ships where AC in dining room & theatre was so intense I was barely warm enough even with the jacket, while on other ships I was comfortable in short-sleeves and no jacket! Trying not to bring too many extra clothes so would help to hear from someone who's been on Summit recently as to how cold they keep these areas. Thank you.

I've been trying to decide what to bring for my cruise on the Summit 4/14; basically want to know whether to bring more long-sleeved or short-sleeved tops. I'll have a light jacket with me but have been on some ships where AC in dining room & theatre was so intense I was barely warm enough even with the jacket, while on other ships I was comfortable in short-sleeves and no jacket! Trying not to bring too many extra clothes so would help to hear from someone who's been on Summit recently as to how cold they keep these areas. Thank you.
I started to smile reading this because people's opinions of a room being warm or cold are so subjective. Even in the same family, one thinks a room is too warm while another says it is freezing.

I do not recall the Summit being either too warm or too cold, so apparently it was comfortable for me. But who knows, on the following cruise a different person may be controlling the temperature and could set it higher or lower. At least in your own cabin you can set it to suit yourself.

The best thing is to bring a light jacket, as you suggest, and also another layer that you can add or remove as you wish.

We sailed 3/31 through 4/7/12 in two Aqua rooms, 1118 and 1120. I found the ac to be very cold, but my husband said I was crazy and that I kept the ac down so low (or off) that the room was hot-lol. So, I guess it really is subjective. Fortunately, the thermostat has a zero setting and the fan can be turned off too which made a big difference for me. I did ask for an extra blanket for the evenings which turned out to be a very lightweight duvet.

We went to the theatre only during the day (for seminars/talks) and I did not find it cold. We dined in Blu, Normandie, Qsine, the buffet, Bistro on Five, Normandie, and had beverages throughout the ship. I usually had a light wrap or jacket on but I never really needed it.

I think you'll be okay with the same. You might want to take something warmer and a pair of socks to sleep in if you get cold. It's always better to pack it than to be freezing and miserable!

Hard to answer this query, as I am hot when my wife is cold. It is all subjective to the person, I suggest you talk to the room attendent if you cannot adjust the thermostat/fan for your room. They may be able to do something for you (i.e. extra blanket, etc)

cheers Mic:D

Thanks everyone for your input. I wasn't too worried about cabin temperature where we have the controls ourselves & I can always get extra blanket, etc. I agree that AC is subjective, as my husband & I often disagree, except for those intensive situations where it's so cold virtually everyone is in agreement. There was a thread where many people complained that volume in theatre was too loud so I was looking to see if Summit had this same "overpowering" situtation with AC in dining room & theatre. With the limited luggage we are doing packing is a challenge so I'm already planning the layering thing.

Archived