Pricing

FreesiaE

I have a question on when to book. We are thinking about booking either a 7 day or 10 day cruise in September/October. I read on this thread that the excursions sell out fast. So, I am guessing that we probably won't be able to get some good FREE excursions since we are only a few months out. Also do you have any thoughts about the Voyager versus Mariner. First time on Regent so we are newbies to this line

Thanks

Jo Ellen

I have a question on when to book. We are thinking about booking either a 7 day or 10 day cruise in September/October. I read on this thread that the excursions sell out fast. So, I am guessing that we probably won't be able to get some good FREE excursions since we are only a few months out. Also do you have any thoughts about the Voyager versus Mariner. First time on Regent so we are newbies to this line

Thanks

Jo Ellen

Both ships are lovely and are considered "sister ships" despite their differences. The Mariner has smaller deluxe suites and larger public spaces. The Voyager (my favorite) has an aft vibration. If you avoid aft suites, there is no problem. Generally the first Regent ship you cruise on is your favorite. We are happy to sail on either ship -- our decision is based on itinerary rather than the ship.

I would not worry about the excursions too much. Most of the time you are waitlisted and most/all of them should clear by the time you are on board. We booked our "extension" cruise (May 3 - 10 on the Voyager) in late March and were able to get all of the excursions we wanted.

Since you are looking at the Mariner or Voyager, you are looking at Med. cruises. The perfect time of the year to cruise that area (in my opinion) is late September to mid-Otober when the temperatures have cooled down a bit. Whichever itinerary you select, have a wonderful cruise:)

AMEX? did you book with AMEX travel agency or pay with AMEX credit card or both?

uote=tate23;33286398]I agree with TC2 that there is no 'worst way'. A couple of years ago, I booked my first Regent cruise directly, receiving OBC from Regent (plus AMEX) and was upgraded from H to E. May have been able to shop around for better deal but IMO, could not have rec'd better service. Regent rep answered all my questions and knew the ship (Mariner) as well as excursions from personal experience. In fact, I was so impressed that I went directly to same rep when I was ready to book my upcoming Med cruise. (Again, rec'd OBC from Regent and advice on excursions, land portions, etc.)

Archived