Pricing

FreesiaE

Hello,

I was wondering what the best way was to go about finding the best price on Regent. Should I talk to the line directly, or look online for travel agents? I'm looking at a trip this summer (June). It's been a long time since my last cruise, so thank you for your help!

Welcome to the Regent board:) There really isn't any "best price" for Regent cruises. Unless there is a cruise that is not selling well (rare), they are no "deals". Strongly recommend that you speak with a TA that specializes in luxury cruising -- specifically Regent if possible (you can use Google to find one).

You can receive benefits by booking with a TA instead of Regent (OBC's, a percentage back on your cruise, etc.) I cannot stress how important it is to have a TA who regularly books Regent. They can help you select the right suite location and make recommendations that you would never get from Regent (Regent wants a full ship and would book a suite under a restaurant just to get rid of it).

Regent's cruises sail 80+% full. Booking as early as possible is important in order to get a suite in a desirable area. Also, excursions and dining reservations are booked way in advance and you would want to take advantage of it. The first step is to contact a TA. They can take it from there.

Summer of 2012 is upon us . . . you need to do this ASAP. We are already booked for September 2013:eek:

Thanks! Yes, I know I'm late to the game on this one, but I keep thinking that I need a cruise and if an opportunity arrises this summer, I may just take it! I will look for some specific Regent agents. Thanks!

Thanks! Yes, I know I'm late to the game on this one, but I keep thinking that I need a cruise and if an opportunity arrises this summer, I may just take it! I will look for some specific Regent agents. Thanks!

Let us know if you book a cruise:)

Not having any experience of this stuff I made my booking over the phone direct with Regent and found it an easy process. I reckon I could have haggled a few pounds off this and that but I'm really not bothered because the price seemed ok with me.

In the event, they've upgraded me from an "H" to a "C" so I'm happy enough!

Rik

Hello,

I was wondering what the best way was to go about finding the best price on Regent. Should I talk to the line directly, or look online for travel agents? I'm looking at a trip this summer (June). It's been a long time since my last cruise, so thank you for your help!

About the worst way to book your cruise would be with the line directly. If you do that you're guaranteed zero cash rebate and in many cases also would lose on board credits. Unfortunately , we can't recommend travel agents on this board. Check this recent thread for some info on this subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1607035

Also, if you decide to book a Regent cruise an easy way to get $200 shipboard credit would be to ask to be referred by a Regent past passenger(you need to do this at the time of booking, before paying your initial deposit) . You can do that at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1065261

Swyre got a very good deal with upgrade from an H to a C!

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your penthouse and butler.

I agree and am glad to hear about the great deal. IMO, there is no "worst way" to book a cruise. It's nice that we have choices and sharing information to people new to cruising is a nice way of sharing it:)

I agree with TC2 that there is no 'worst way'. A couple of years ago, I booked my first Regent cruise directly, receiving OBC from Regent (plus AMEX) and was upgraded from H to E. May have been able to shop around for better deal but IMO, could not have rec'd better service. Regent rep answered all my questions and knew the ship (Mariner) as well as excursions from personal experience. In fact, I was so impressed that I went directly to same rep when I was ready to book my upcoming Med cruise. (Again, rec'd OBC from Regent and advice on excursions, land portions, etc.)

A couple of notes.

RSSC announced 30+ sailings between June and December that they are providing "extras" for booking, including extra savings, OBC, and reduced deposits.

Second, as of May 1, RSSC is implementing a new anti-rebating policy, so don't be surprised when you cannot get cash rebates and the OBCs are reduced in amounts offered.

Also, if you decide to book a Regent cruise an easy way to get $200 shipboard credit would be to ask to be referred by a Regent past passenger(you need to do this at the time of booking, before paying your initial deposit) . You can do that at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1065261

I am sure Regent reads these boards, especially this topic entitled "pricing".

If you want this credit to disappear, keep pumping the linked thread.

I am sure Regent reads these boards, especially this topic entitled "pricing".

If you want this credit to disappear, keep pumping the linked thread.

Ok, let me get this straight... Regent advertises this policy openly (actually, I've gotten e-mails from them recently touting it), but they'll rescind it because I'm acknowledging it?

Maybe if we keep talking about the "Free" air and "Free" excursions and included drinks they'll take those away too!

A couple of notes.

RSSC announced 30+ sailings between June and December that they are providing "extras" for booking, including extra savings, OBC, and reduced deposits.

Second, as of May 1, RSSC is implementing a new anti-rebating policy, so don't be surprised when you cannot get cash rebates and the OBCs are reduced in amounts offered.

Where can one view these extras such as amount of OBC? Thanks.

Do you know about this policy because you're an agent? I certainly have received no information on this policy from my agent (who gives rebates.)

WOW, this means a 5% to about 12% increase in cruise fares for many of us who get TA rebates. Just looked at the prolific TA's website and absolutely nothing posted regarding this apparent price increase for Regent and Oceania which goes straight to the TA's pocket.

Doesn't say how it might apply to cruises already booked but, appears to mean after May 1 if you cruise, you won't be gettting the expected rebate check. Should be interesting to see how TA's handle already booked cruises with agreements to rebate money vs. Regent promising financial issues to TA's who rebate??

WOW, this means a 5% to about 12% increase in cruise fares for many of us who get TA rebates. Just looked at the prolific TA's website and absolutely nothing posted regarding this apparent price increase for Regent and Oceania which goes straight to the TA's pocket.

Doesn't say how it might apply to cruises already booked but, appears to mean after May 1 if you cruise, you won't be gettting the expected rebate check. Should be interesting to see how TA's handle already booked cruises with agreements to rebate money vs. Regent promising financial issues to TA's who rebate??

Exactly. So, if I have a cruise transferred now to a TA who offered me a 7% cash rebate, does that mean that if the cruise is after 5/1, they can't give it??

Checked with our TA who gives a rebate significantly more than the limit announced in this new anti rebate policy...bottom line..absolutely no change in the exceptionally healthy rebate (much more than 7%) our TA offers.

Archived