Snorkeling

Does the Oasis have rentals of snorkel gear? Should we bring our own to go to the beaches? We do not want to take tours just take cabs or Jittneys to the beaches. Any one have any advice? Eastern Carribean - Nassau,StMaartan, St Thomas

Does the Oasis have rentals of snorkel gear? Should we bring our own to go to the beaches? We do not want to take tours just take cabs or Jittneys to the beaches. Any one have any advice? Eastern Carribean - Nassau,StMaartan, St Thomas

Bring you own. The ship has cheap (but overpriced) sets for sale (WalMart quality), and some beaches have rentals, but you have no idea whether or how well they clean the equipment between users. We always bring our own equipment.

we purchased our own at scuba.com

we find outselves bringing our masks and dry snorkels, but rarely opt to carry the fins:(

Yeah, my fiance and I owned our own (she had hers that she brought on her first cruise, and got me the same ones before our last cruise (my first)). We used them on 2 excursions and it was nice to have my own mask and snorkel. The fins were a bit tough to transport, so we could have gotten away with using what the excursions had.

I looked on scuba.com after seeing this thread. There are various prices. I am not sure what to buy. We don't snorkel that often but I wondered if it would be better to buy our own mask and mouthpiece versus using something from the excursion place. Any recommendations on a good piece to buy without spending too much?

Archived