Cruising and working in healthcare can be difficult!

misstiffany

I also work in healthcare as you can see. I work PRN USUALLY 1 12HR? shift[12-18?] a week. I am the one who works more to cover vacations. Everyone needs time off. The request sheets are 3 months ahead. I put when I am not available to work. I will also cover for future events when the other nurses let me know way ahead of time. Having worked full time for 34 years I know how hard it is to get off sometimes.:):):)

Glad It all worked out for you. Something a little similar happened a while back with me having already put down my week off, and another wanting that same week to go on her "mission trip". It all worked out in the end, after me sticking up for myself, but the "almost" funny thing is, is that she's not even sure if she'll get to go. One word: Karma.

Happy Sails!!:)

I work in a hospital, we submit our vacation requests twice a year and the managers/supervisors work out the schedule. We never have to cover our own shifts unless it is not an approved vacation. The only time it doesn't get approved is if too many people want the same time off - then it goes by seniority. Glad you got your's worked out - but equally glad we don't have to go through that to get vacation time!
This is the way it works for us at our hospital. I submitted my vacation requests last July.

Geez, how did you manage that? My mom died last year during a month-end close, and my boss about had a heart attack becuase I would be out of town for few days.

I'm one of the Leads and my supervisor REALLY likes me. I bring in a lot of $$ for this place. I've been there for 8 years too. This is the second year in a row where I've been on vacation for month-end. He gives me the "side-eye" but he always approves it. :)

Missing one day of work equals about 2 pounds of paperwork.

I'm the ONLY person that does my healthcare job and I've done it for 11 years. No one has a clue of where to start so...it waits for me. It usually takes me about a month to catch up from a week long vacation. :(

My motto is: No good vacation goes unpunished! Oh well, I love my job and I'm lucky to have it.

DH is also an RN and is fortunate enough to be able to put in a request a couple of month in advance and as long as no one else if off he'll get his time.

I'm the ONLY person that does my healthcare job and I've done it for 11 years. No one has a clue of where to start so...it waits for me. It usually takes me about a month to catch up from a week long vacation. :(

My motto is: No good vacation goes unpunished! Oh well, I love my job and I'm lucky to have it.

DH is also an RN and is fortunate enough to be able to put in a request a couple of month in advance and as long as no one else if off he'll get his time.

Ain't THAT the truth!!???

Archived