Upgrading to a balcony

wulber

We won't cruise unless it is a balcony and now that we've tried the Junior Suite, we are in trouble! But, we will go back to a regular balcony. We spend lots of time in the room. We do not go to the pool too much. Going to the balcony every night and morning is excellent as well as reading out there.

Totally agree with you. Nothing like a balcony, especially an aft balcony!

I called the US number today and upgraded from an interior to a balcony guarantee for a grand total of 8 euros :D

Where did you do your original booking? I really think that this policy of 'new bookings only' is rubbish. It cannot cost RCI any more and as I said on another thread about the same topic, it must really upset guests to know that their neighbours could have paid so much less than them. A little flexibility in terms of upgrading could make for much happier campers (who in the end might be more willing to spend on board and be loyal repeat customers).

I am reasonably happy with my hump balcony, although I am fully expecting the price to drop. I booked early because I wanted to 'sort out' my holiday once and for all, but if there is a price drop I would like to think I was given some sort of 'treat'. I am not holding my breath

I called the US number today and upgraded from an interior to a balcony guarantee for a grand total of 8 euros :D

Clickrepeat I tried the usa number for international enquiries and she said that she thought I should have been able to upgrade to the balcony but I would have to contact the uk people as I had booked in the uk.

She gave me the head office number and I phoned them but although the lady was helpful I was told that the cheaper prices were for new customers only, she said to keep checking the prices and phone again as something might come up that isn't just for new bookings

Meanwhile I've just noticed our ov guarantee has gone down by £200pp.I think I'll wait till last minute in future.

I booked through the RC Netherlands website as I currently live there. At the bottom of the Dutch page is a big +1 number. Called up and got quoted in dollars for my upgrade, had a bit of a back and forth with the guy and in the end managed to get upgraded from a Q interior room to an X balcony guarantee for just 8 euros. Chuffed doesn't even describe it!

Persistence definitely seemed to be the key.

That was a great result for you.

The person I spoke to in the usa said they couldn't help as I had booked in the uk.

It was a freephone number I called and she transfered me to the international customer assistance in Miami.

Archived