Fishing in Ketchikan

psheik

We used them in 2001 and had great service in fact it was really door to door. Ken greeted us as we got off the ship - we went down a ramp and he has his boat parked right behind the ship. We could look up and see our aft cabin. He was also able to deliver us back there. We never had a chance to see any of Ketchikan as we fished the entire time. Ken is very down to earth with a good sense of humor. We fished with another couple and caught 3 fish in total.

Kathy

Has anyone used Northern Lights fishing charters? Did you catch fish? How is their service? Thanks.

If Northern Lights is not available, try True Alaskan Charters. Bruce Johnstone is great!

:)

I have the same time limit on August 5th. HAL offers a fishing excursion in Ketchikan (at Knudsen (sp?) Cove, I believe). But, as Alaskandude pointed out to me, it's about 20 minutes from the dock. True Alaskan Charters is going to meet me at the ship. Not only will Bruce meet me there, his excursion is much less expensive than the outing offered by HAL.

Because of the limited time, I don't expect to do any "deep" sea fishing. I do expect to be able to fish for 2-1/2 to 3 hours, though. I have been out on all-day boats, and I know better than to have those kinds of expectations on a short trip.

Speaking of fishing in Ketchikan, we are sailing on the Ryndam June 5 and we'll only be in Ketchikan from 2p until 8p. Is this really enough time to get to the fish, catch 'em and get back to the ship?

Yes, Bruce at True Alaskan Charter will tailor the trip to whatever you want to do fishing, crabbing, sightseeing, etc. Either send him an e-mail or call him; he books up fast. Tell him Hellen recommended him.

;)

Archived