Magen's Bay Beach Crowded?

Jimi123

Actually no, Sapphire does not rent umbrellas because there is alot of natural shade there.Coki has less shade and does rent umbrellas. For dnorkeling Coki and Sapphire are the best choices of the 3.

Amd as to the crowds, every beach will see waves of people and you never know how it will be there. But generally speaking, Magens will be the most crowded because it the most popular with cruise lines and drivers. All are beautiful, our favorites are Coki then Sapphire.

As someone who has alot of expereince at Magen's Bay, (been going since I young) I can assure you three ships in it will be crowded, by our standards, especially with one the RCCL's Monstrosity of the Seas in port.

We perfer Magen's when it is quiet. How about these pics? Taken about 1:30 in the afternoon when no ships were in that day. :)

For those who said there was nothing to see at Magen's as far as snorkling is concerned, you are correct, the bottom is very sandy and not alot of coral to see while snorkling. For that try another beach.

Scott

Send more tourists, the last batch was delicious.

100_0579.jpg.1675c425de3458c292362e798434b3e8.jpg

100_0580.jpg.1477955efeec4c5dec6d7c77c9ad9346.jpg

100_0581.jpg.64ec8649a0c426f882f97c274e3bcd96.jpg

100_0582.jpg.9eaa40c13cfbd3029d2def912e0a7fd3.jpg

100_0583.jpg.4bea748fd4e81a1ab780272172749020.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Yes they rent snorkel equipment, lounges and floaties/pads for the water as well as other stuff. Price is in line with other beaches. Typically you will board an open-sided safari-type pickup and ride with 12 - 20 other folks. The normal taxi route is along Rt 38 and stop at Coki Beach first then past Lindquist and on to Sapphire Beach. The return may be along Rts 38 & 30 through Red Hook and past Bolongo Bay. See map below.

Nice scenic ride and probably 1/2 hr or so, cost is $8 - 9 pp each way.

Enjoy your day! We'll be heading to Bermuda in June and we're also excited!:D

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/us_virgin_islands_maps/st_thomas_island_road_map.html

Thank you this helpful advice! We will be there from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and want to visit the beach and make time to visit a town or two to shop and learn a little about the island. I appreciate the map of island which I know will be very helpful, too! Have a wonderful trip to Bermuda! I'm sure it's gorgous there!

• 5 months later...
We stayed on St. Thomas last week and drove out to Magen's Bay on a day when there were three cruise ships in port. The place was packed by 11:00 a.m. and all the picnic tables and shady spots were long gone. The bay is beautiful but not worth the $18.00 it cost me to see it ($4.00 per adult + $2.00 for a car). We also visited Sapphire and Coki Beach during our stay and preferred both over Magen's.

How much was it to rent 2 chairs and an umbrealla and Magen's bay?

I would like to know how much is it to rent 2 chairs and a parasol and Magen's Beach?

Hello! Sorry, I wish I could tell you the cost but we didn't rent any equipment. We were able to find a palm tree and set up underneath it. We were happy with that! We were in the water the majority of the time! You can bring your own snorkels, if you are interested. You should be able to see a variety of fish. We had a wonderful time but unfortunately, didn't make it to Coki or Sapphire. Our taxi driver was in a big hurry and forgot to stop at a lookout point for us to take pictures, so we asked her if she could make it a point to stop on the way back, and she did, but we still felt rushed. Enjoy!:)

Archived