*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good Morning!

Rick - I'm so sorry you won't be joining us. I fully understand however. We probably shouldn't cruise either with the expense of the sewer repair looming but we will go anyway. I hope you will still come on and chat with us now and then. don't feel you can't talk to us just because you aren't going on the cruise anymore. We enjoy chatting with you.

Staci started her new job yesterday. So far so good but it was only orientation. She's going to be very busy however. This week she only has Sunday off and then next week she trains Monday through Sunday. :eek: Hopefully she will at least get Labor Day Monday off. Even once training is over this is a 6 day a week job. That's probably because it's not a 9-5 job and the hours might be irregular. she might work 10 hours one day and 4 the next. it probably just depends on the events she is working. I always see her company doing screenings at our local grocery store. A woman who works with me said she was screened by Chiro One at a craft fair.

It's very noisy here today. Our next door neighbors are building a garage. Today they are pouring cement. i guess I can't really complain. We built a garage 6 years ago so our neighbors had to put up with our noise then. LOL.

Well, I better get going if I'm going to get anything done today. it's my day off. Have a great day.

Good afternoon Cupids,

Heidi, hope the plumbing doesn't set you back too much.

It's warm here today but only seasonal. Our normal high in August is 96 and we expect a high today of 97. Not much rain in the forecast and my yard is suffering. I need to get up e arly Saturday and start the sprinklers again. I'm still looking at excursions for Curacao and Aruba but haven't nailed it down yet.

Wishing everyone a great dsay.

Dave

Good afternoon Cupids,

It's been quiet around here lately. Hope all is well.

Heidi, hope your plumbing problems are getting fixed.

Sue, sorry to hear about the poachers. People should not hunt on private land when there are signs posted.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Dave

Good Evening and Happy Friday!

We are supposed to be going out to dinner tonight but Dave said he wanted to mow the back yard first and Eric isn't feeling well and is taking a nap. He has a cold and probably a bit of a hangover to go with it since he went out for his friend's birthday last night. :rolleyes:

Heidi, hope your plumbing problems are getting fixed.

Actually, everything is currently working fine. The clog was cleared but the problem is the pipe has separated at the joint underground. It's probably only a matter of time before more dirt gets in there and it clogs again. If history repeats itself however, Dave will probably wait till it clogs again to get it fixed. We went 2 years with a furnace that had cracks in it before he got it replaced. I think the only reason we finally did it was because the A/C was having problems so we did it all at once. it really does suck to have to spend money on something that seems to be working just fine and you can't even see it. I'd much rather spend the money on new carpet and furniture or something that I can actually see to appreciate. Or actually, I'd really like to spend the money to hire someone to finish remodeling the bathroom. LOL

Have a good weekend. :)

I'm still upset about the poachers. Didn't post this on Facebook, but we actually got called by the cops about it! Gotta love small town living! The brother of our state game warden saw my story on Facebook and told his cop brother about it. Neither of them are on my Facebook friend list, but he must have seen it when mutual friends were commenting on my story.

The cop came and Dave showed him where it happened and told him the story. He had the list of hunters with tags in this unit, so it was pretty easy to figure out the name based on his age and where he had told Dave he was from. We gave him the license plate of the other guy and he found him too.

If we wanted to get nasty, we could get them for trespassing, but since they left the doe when Dave told them to, the state trooper is just going to talk to each of them and give them a good scare.

The state trooper who is the game warden is a classmate of Brian's from high school, so it's weird to see him as an authority figure since I've known him since kindergarten!

On a better note, the pivot is working great and the crop is growing like crazy! It's grown 6-8 inches in just over a week. We should be able to get a hay crop off of it by the end of September.

Rick, sorry you won't be joining us!

We have a wedding this evening, but don't have far to go. It's at one of our neighbors ranch, their daughter is the bride.

Good morning Cupids,

It's going to be another hot and dry day here. Just finished watering my yard. I sure could use that pivot. LOL we can water twice a week but I only get to do it once.

Sue, glad those poachers are getting a really good scare. They deserve it. They are lucky not to be fined or in jail. When does hunting season start in Oregon. Dove season starts here Labor Day weekend and deer season starts first part of November. Bow season is a little earlier and hunting wild pig is year round. They are just a nuisance.

Heading to Academy to get some new work shoes. They have a decent selection.

Dave

Good Evening Cupids...

It was nice to see the Carnival Breeze leave the Port of Miami this afternoon.

I would like to get some input on this but I have ask to speak to Erin at CruCon and I end up getting customer service and then that agent is answering the problem. I understand they are very busy and they are helpful with there answers but I lately been finding that they have been a bit snippy. I have not have this problem with them in the past and the service has always been great!! I will further will say that when I send an email I don't get a response and they act as if. Lastly, when I asked for my booking number they said that Erin sent me my booking number a long time ago and they repeated it again and it turned out when I called Carnival they told me that was not the correct booking number and they were able to research for me. I am a loyality customer and I will say that these last issues really have me concerned for the future. Do you think I should try Erin one more time and try to get her directly?

David....

Good Evening Cupids...

It was nice to see the Carnival Breeze leave the Port of Miami this afternoon.

I would like to get some input on this but I have ask to speak to Erin at CruCon and I end up getting customer service and then that agent is answering the problem. I understand they are very busy and they are helpful with there answers but I lately been finding that they have been a bit snippy. I have not have this problem with them in the past and the service has always been great!! I will further will say that when I send an email I don't get a response and they act as if. Lastly, when I asked for my booking number they said that Erin sent me my booking number a long time ago and they repeated it again and it turned out when I called Carnival they told me that was not the correct booking number and they were able to research for me. I am a loyality customer and I will say that these last issues really have me concerned for the future. Do you think I should try Erin one more time and try to get her directly?

David....

I've been talking to Erin over the past couples weeks. She was on vacation last week and will be back in the office on Mon 8/26.

Donna

I've been talking to Erin over the past couples weeks. She was on vacation last week and will be back in the office on Mon 8/26.

Donna

Thanks..the customer service person did not tell me that she was on vacation. Maybe I need to call Erin directly...

Good Morning!

David - Try calling Erin again and if she is not available aske them to have her call you back. Whenever I call there Erin is always "on the phone." :rolleyes: The person answering the phone always asks if she can help me. If it's just a simple question then I will take her up on the offer but sometimes I ask to have Erin call me back. Sometimes it's a while before she calls. You might follow up with an email to her to call you when she gets a chance.

The heat has returned to northern Illinois. It's supposed to go over 90 today. The 1st part of August was very cool but of course, now that the kids are back in school, summer has returned.

This weekend is Septemberfest. It's a local festival that is held every year on labor day weekend. We go every year, mostly for the food because the food tent is huge and has a lot of the local restaurants there. There are bands every night and sometimes they are good. Usually they are old bands that were really popular in the 70's or 80's but can't fill large venues anymore. The concerts get really crowded though and I really hate large crowds so I don't usually go. The last good concert we saw there was Rick Springfield. Dave sometimes goes to the concerts without me. There will also be a huge craft fair and I always go to that. Of course there is a Carnival that we always took the kids to when they were little but all we do now is walk through there. One change for me this year is the travel agency I work for will have a booth there and I will be working it on Sunday. We will be having a drawing and will give away free RCI cruise that will be announced at one of the concerts.

Have a great day. :)

Heidi, after I retired the first time I worked 5 years as a travel agent down here. For our travel agency giving away a free cruise is no big deal because you can drive to the ports but up there do you have to include air fare or is the winner on "his own" to get to the ship?

Oh, hello cupids!!

Good morning!

Heidi, after I retired the first time I worked 5 years as a travel agent down here. For our travel agency giving away a free cruise is no big deal because you can drive to the ports but up there do you have to include air fare or is the winner on "his own" to get to the ship?

Oh, hello cupids!!

I don't know if they will be including air but my guess would be no.

Today is my long day working both jobs.

Have a good day. :)

Happy Birthday, Heidi!!!!! Hope you get to do something to celebrate since today is your long work day.

This weekend is our big county fair & rodeo, but we will be in Eugene for our first Duck game. A band made up of local guys a little older than Dave is playing at the rodeo grounds tent/bar Sunday night. We'll be heading home that day, so are planning to go in and socialize and listen to them. These guys are very good, and play classic rock from the 70's, which of course is our era. They've gotten together periodically over the years to play for events and are still just as good as they were back in the day. The lead singer and guitarist is a good friend of Dave's brother, and also a friend of ours. He worked for Dave's dad in the Hayfield back in the day.

Happy Birthday Heidi!

Dave, I DO NOT want to hear we are going to have a wetter winter!!! I cannot believe for 1 minute that there is any water left in the atmosphere after this summer........

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. It was a long work day but I didn't want to take it off because I missed a couple of days a 2 weeks ago when I hurt my back and I'm taking some days off the 2nd week of September. My boss bought me dinner though.

Heidi~I called yesterday and did not get a response and I thought maybe Erin was clearing the work from her vacation. I did tell her about the service I received from the people that were working in her place and hope that I can get the same level of service that I had gotten in the past.

I do know that Erin is good because she has helped me. I hope that you had a GREAT Birthday!!

David.....

Heidi~I called yesterday and did not get a response and I thought maybe Erin was clearing the work from her vacation. I did tell her about the service I received from the people that were working in her place and hope that I can get the same level of service that I had gotten in the past.

I do know that Erin is good because she has helped me. I hope that you had a GREAT Birthday!!

David.....

Thanks David and yes, I'm sure if she just returned from vacation she had tons of stuff to catch up on.

My birthday was fine. My boss at the OG bought me dinner so that was nice. I think we might go out to dinner tomorrow night. I think we will all be off. I am off today but Eric works a double. Tomorrow he is off and I only work lunch. I still have to check with Staci. So far she has only worked days but the farther she gets into training then she might start working odd hours.

Have a great day. :)

Hey Cupids, any plans for the holiday weekend?

HOT HOT in KY DH is heading to lake in the morning. I am heading to the water as soon as I get my last darlings on the hot school buses headed home.

As Little Big Town says "on the pontoon" Safe travels everyone

Well the work has started to replace the vapor barrier and insulation under the house. We also discovered a major leak under the double sink in my bathroom that went downward so we were unaware of it but the joists are sopping wet. All told this will cost about $4200.00 but at least the floors don't have to be replaced! Now you know why I had to cancel the cruise......Or should I say, the cruise paid for this work!

Edited by Flick