*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good evening Cupids,

Another hot and dry day in Texas. Rick, I know you wish you had a few of these. I'd be glad to share if you will send some rain this way. We have lakes in the area up to 10 feet down and the one closest to our home is down 7 feet.

Sue, enjoy your game and the DGD. Are you staying home with the Granddaughter?

Nothing planned for the weekend. To hot to do anything. We will probably take the kids out for dinner or breakfast one day.

Dave

Hello Cupids....

Today we had gotten notification that the airlines had changed our flight. We originally had connecting flights but because of the change I was able to get direct flights into Miami. We were able to get confirmed at the Intercontinental Hotel by the Bayside Market. On the return of the cruise we will be staying in Miami an extra day. This will be a great cruise. It was great to hear that I will be going on the top 2 ships for sea days. It was rated by Cruisecritics...The NCL Breakaway and Carnival Breeze. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

David, glad to hear you receive better flights. I received an email today and my flight to Miami had changed from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm. That would not do. I called AA and got an earlier flight . We leave at 10 am now.

Bettie and I have had a relaxing weekend. Tomorrow I will mow the yard. The grass is only growing where I have watered and the weeds are doing allot better.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

Dave

What a weekend! Ducks won big. Spent lots of time with the kiddos & grandkiddo. Having a rental house instead of a hotel was brilliant, and so much better with the baby.

Dave, no I didn't stay home with the baby; Mallory stayed with her at the rental house. It was boiling hot in Autzen stadium, but very fun. Ducks looked great and didn't miss a beat with the new head coach.

We got home yesterday around 5:30, and went to town to listen to our home town band. I really didn't want to go because I was so tired from the weekend, but I took a 5-hour energy and powered through it. I'm so glad I did! We had a great time, and danced our faces off with lots of friends there. We stayed till the end, and didn't get home till 1 am. Been a long time since I've stayed up that late!

Good Morning!

What a long day yesterday. Worked the travel agency booth at Septemberfest for 4 1/2 hours then I worked a 6 hour shift at the OG.

To make matters worse, I hurt my back again on Saturday night so I was on my feet in pain all that time. I work again tonight but I have muscle relaxers that help.

I can't believe how stupid some people are. Last night around 8:00 we started to see a lot of lightening all around so my boss told me not to seat anyone on the patio anymore. It wasn't raining yet so we didn't move people inside that were already out there. We were getting really busy inside with a lot of large parties so the wait for parties bigger than 4 was up to about 45 minutes. One party of 10 didn't want to wait that long so they asked to sit on the patio. :confused: I told them that no, we were no longer seating people on the patio due to the lightening and impending storm. A few minutes later another guy from the same party went to another host and asked if they could sit on the patio. Apparently the other host never got the message that we were not to seat the patio so he pushed a bunch of tables together for them and sat them out there. You see, by this time the patio was empty because the smart people who had been out there earlier realized they better eat quick and get the hell out before it started to storm. Not these stupid people, they want to sit out there even though there's lighting almost constantly all around and almost certainly it was going to rain soon. I told the manager what was going on but since the other host had said they could go out there he just shrugged his shoulders and said they could stay out there if they really wanted to. Well, guess what happened 5 minutes after they sat down. Yup, it started to rain so now they wanted to move inside. :rolleyes: We were actually very lucky that it started raining so soon after they sat down because if it had not started till after they got their food we would have had a real problem. We would have had no place to put them quickly because the restaurant was full and their food would have been ruined so we would have had to replace it all. It was a torrential downpour too. The ceiling in the lobby was leaking in 3 places and water was coming in between the wall and the floor by 2 booths in the bar so that the floor was flooding. We've had the leaks in the lobby before but I've never seen the bar flood before.

Not much is going on today. Dave is home because it's a holiday for him but I have to work and so does Eric.

Have a great day. :)

Good morning Cupids,

It's already starting to heat up around hear again. In the mid 80s and headed for the upper 90s. We may hit 100 again by Thursday.:(

Hope everyone that was off yesterday had a great day.

I mowed the yard this morning and received some strange looks from the neighbors.

homer_mow_e0.gif

Going to cool off a little then get ready for work tonight.

Dave

Good Afternoon Cupids..

I just wanted to tell you that our friend Aleks the bartender is now on the Celebrity Sumitt. He contacted me today.

Thanks for sharing that David. I have him on Facebook but hadn't heard he "jumped ship." Did you ever get a hold of Erin?

Good Afternoon Cupids..

I just wanted to tell you that our friend Aleks the bartender is now on the Celebrity Sumitt. He contacted me today.

Heck, he completely jump cruise lines. Celebrity is own by Royal Caribbean. Bettie and I are sailing on the RCL Quantum of the Seas in 2015. It is sailing from Port Liberty, NJ. It's a new ship and first sailing is November 2014. We are excited.

Dave

Good Morning!

Today is going to be a good day because once I finish my lunch shift I am off work from the OG until next Thursday! :D I will have to work at the travel agency tomorrow afternoon but I don't really consider that work. I didn't deliberately take a vacation but I normally have Friday and Saturday off, then I requested Sunday off because we are going to my nieces little girls birthday party then I am going with my best friend to Door County, WI. Monday through Wednesday. I am hoping to see Renee (Walkswife) but she hasn't responded to my text messages. I wonder if she changed her number. She responded a few months ago when I first told her I would be coming. I sent her a message on Facebook yesterday but she hasn't responded to that yet either.

So RENEE, if you are reading this, please contact me!!!!!!!!!!

My days off almost turned in to 2 weeks off due to a couple of errors. First of all, I accidentally requested the wrong days off for next week. We have to do it on line and I requested next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off instead of M,T,W. I added Monday when I discovered my mistake but the system wouldn't allow me to take away Thursday. I explained my mistake in "comments" though and verbally told the scheduling manager so hopefully he will still schedule me for next Thursday. Then there was also a mistake on this weeks schedule and I was accidentally left off for today. When I complained about it to the scheduling manager he said I should come in today anyway. As nice as it would have all those days off I simply can't afford it right now. :( I won't be surprised if he forgets about next Thursday though and gives me the day off. :rolleyes:

Have a great day. :)

Good morning Cupids,

It's going to be another 100 degree day here. I'm getting a little tired of this.

Heidi, enjoy your trip to Door County, WI. Say hello to Renee for me. Missed her on the last cruise.

I received free tickets to the TCU Football game this weekend but may give them away. It's going to be in the 100s again. Bettie isn't too excited either and she is an alum.

Everyone stay cool.

Dave

Things have been pretty quiet here. Yesterday was son Brian's 28th birthday. We celebrated his birthday last weekend in Eugene, and will see him again next weekend for another Duck game, so we didn't go to Bend this weekend for his birthday.

Today our Ducks play Virginia at 12:30 our time, so will watch that game. Then we have a 92nd birthday party for a family friend who was Dave's mom's best friend since they were in 1st grade. Dave's mom is gone now, but we remain close to her friend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good Afternoon!

I finally heard back for Renee. We will be getting together on Monday.

tomorrow we will be going to my sister's house3 for my great nieces 2nd birthday party then I leave very early Monday morning for door county. tonight we are going to a Greek restaurant for dinner. Staci has a gift card from Groupn that expires on the 11th so we want to use it.

Have a good weekend.

I just wanted to let everyone know that it looks like Carnival may have released a bunch of cabins again (probably recalled group space) because there are a lot of balconies available. A couple of weeks ago the only balconies available were coves and i think 8G'a and above. As of 2:25 this afternoon there were 8c's and above available. so if any of you who did the $25.00 deposit originally, now that you have done the full deposit you can now choose your cabin if you haven't already. Now would be a good time to do it.

I just wanted to let everyone know that it looks like Carnival may have released a bunch of cabins again (probably recalled group space) because there are a lot of balconies available. A couple of weeks ago the only balconies available were coves and i think 8G'a and above. As of 2:25 this afternoon there were 8c's and above available. so if any of you who did the $25.00 deposit originally, now that you have done the full deposit you can now choose your cabin if you haven't already. Now would be a good time to do it.

If someone is thinking of upgrading to their 1st balcony, would you do cove or regular balcony?

Hey Sue, if you didn't know, I'm originally from Virginia and had relatives attend UVA. So guess who I'm rooting for. :D I'll even be wearing my UVA hat. Hope the best team wins.

Oops! I forgot that you were from Virginia, Dave. My Ducks put a pretty good beat down on Virginia, 59-10. :o

Heidi ~ so where has Renee been? Did she change her phone number or just hadn't gotten around to texting back to you? Seems like I remember that she and her friend had decided to cancel the Breeze cruise. Are they still booked? You tell her when you see her that she'd BETTER get her butt on that cruise!

Oops! I forgot that you were from Virginia, Dave. My Ducks put a pretty good beat down on Virginia, 59-10. :o

Heidi ~ so where has Renee been? Did she change her phone number or just hadn't gotten around to texting back to you? Seems like I remember that she and her friend had decided to cancel the Breeze cruise. Are they still booked? You tell her when you see her that she'd BETTER get her butt on that cruise!

Hi Sue, The Ducks rolled right over the Cavs. When we came home from having lunch with DGD I turned on the TV to watch the game. It was after half time and the pain was too much. Just could not watch the end of the game.;)

Heidi, guess where we ate, yep, the OG in Mansfield, TX. DGD loves the soup and she choose the new flat bread pizza.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Dave

Good Evening!

I finally heard from Renee. We will be seeing her tomorrow. I don't remember hearing anything about her and her friend canceling the cruise but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

We had a nice time at my great nieces birthday party today. It's the first time all 4 of us have made it to a family function together probably since Christmas of 2011. One of my old managers from the OG was there. It was just a coincidence that she and her husband and my niece and her husband went to college together and were good friends. she was transferred to another Olive Garden over a year ago though and is actually on maternity leave right now. she has a 6 week old baby girl. it was really good to see her. she could actually end up back at our restaurant after her leave is over though. At this point she has no idea where they will send her.

I better get to bed since I am getting up at 5:30 AM. that's like the middle of the night for me. LOL. Lori is picking me up at 7:00 AM. It's about a 5 hour drive to Door County.

Have a good week. :)