*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good afternoon Cupids,

Sue, the past 12 months have been hard on both Bettie and myself. She lost her Mom last October and now my Mom has gone. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Hope you fingers get well and be careful with those other items. LOL:D

Cathy, we have a CR not far from us but I haven't seen anything very nice. In there for several years. I am watching the sugars and hope the carbs will fall in place. Hope you feel better soon.

Heidi, enjoy the rain. We need it. Everything is drying out. Have a good time shopping with your Sister.

Dave

Dave I hate to be the bearer of bad news but carbs ARE sugar! I watch the carbs very closely and by doing so the Sugars "fall in place". Best bet...avoid anything white such as potatos, bread, rice etc. and you can then eat just about everything you want. Actually, because I now inject insulin I can eat anything just have to adjust the insulin accordingly.

You could be me and everything you eat comes flowing out. So carb, sugar whatever. I am so tired of this chit, sugar, honey and iced tea!!!!. :D I am the queen of label reading and my downfall is pasta.. Someone suggested Deerfields that is good so I shall try.

Chat later and catch up in the morning.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Edited by Cathy p

Good morning, Breeze buddies!

Sue, ouch...boob, fingers plus smoke and then you were rewarded with a new toaster oven and bulls that don''t shoot blanks what more can you ask for.lol I am sorry I know it is not funny but I did the same thing with my bra several years ago I just had to laugh.

Heidi, I hope you enjoyed the shopping trip.

Today is Girls Night Out for the Cancer Society. We all get to leave at 4 instead of 5 and go shop. I told them I would hang back and help the guys answer the phones as I don't have the energy for that. Plus we get get free drink and appitizers at the Mexican Restaurant. One of the other girls in the office asked me to get my drink ticket and give it to her.lol

I went to bed at 9 last night so I got a good nights sleep and am hoping the old running to the bathroom leaves me alone as I am starting to feel a bit better. I shall carry my Immodium just in case.

Well I shall lurk a bit and chat later.

As you know both Kay and I are retired. Our schedule for today...a Board meeting at 1:00, a Veterans committee meeting at 4:00 and a Lodge meeting at 7:00. Ahhh retirement, where all you have to do is sit around and read all day........What have you been smokin'?

Morning Cupids...

Well I finally feel human before afternoon today...boy that back episode was a pretty painful one this time but I am now amongst the living again...still a little tender but I can now move. :D

Take a look at this video...it is a dog act on America's Got Talent...not my fave show but Jim loves it...and now they have pretty much weeded out the junk acts...thank goodness. They performed on Tuesday night and it was amazing...this video is their audition act...cute dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZSTEDGgj5w

Enjoy...will be back later. Have a good day everyone.

As you know both Kay and I are retired. Our schedule for today...a Board meeting at 1:00, a Veterans committee meeting at 4:00 and a Lodge meeting at 7:00. Ahhh retirement, where all you have to do is sit around and read all day........What have you been smokin'?

Rick...we are in the same boat...don't know how we had time to work. LOL

Renee ~ what a meanie! ;) Making your friend zipline! Just don't make her tiptoe on the balcony rail between cabins, k? So glad you are joining us!!

If you remember correctly the girls came up with that plan all on their own.... I just walked in in the middle of it..... damn kids:eek:

Good Evening!

Char - glad your back is feeling better. I watched America's got Talent saw that cute dog act. I like that show. We know a young woman who almost made it on that show for baton twirling. She is an amazing twirler and I think she place 2nd in the world championships this year. She is now Miss Indiana and will be in the Miss America pageant in January. Every time I think of her being in the Miss America pageant I think of the movie "Miss Congeniality." there's that scene where Sandra Bullock tells another contestant that her "talent" isn't something lame like baton twirling and the other girl was a baton twirler.

We have another Newpid. Linda Adams has booked. She hasn't posted here but she posted on FB that she booked. She has booked 2 other Cupid's cruises but has had to cancel both.

Staci is coming home tomorrow and will stay a couple of weeks this time. Her department at the university shuts down during the month of August so she has no work right now. It will be nice to have her home for more than a weekend and once school starts she won't come home much at all. She's too busy. I can't believe she will be a senior this year.

Time for bed. have a good night. :)

Well here it is 7:15 and late as usual from running around.

Yesterday Kenny had to pick me up from work at 3:30, I was hot as hell and my face was really flush. He took me to the doctor and I found out I must be allergic to the Metformin. She took me off of it for the rest of the week and is going to start me on something new next week. She is just not sure yet. Feeling much better, I use to get hot flashes that were not as hot as that was. My heart was pounded and I thought it was coming out of my chest.:eek: I am tired of being sick.

Well need to go so will chat later.

Well here it is 7:15 and late as usual from running around.

Yesterday Kenny had to pick me up from work at 3:30, I was hot as hell and my face was really flush. He took me to the doctor and I found out I must be allergic to the Metformin. She took me off of it for the rest of the week and is going to start me on something new next week. She is just not sure yet. Feeling much better, I use to get hot flashes that were not as hot as that was. My heart was pounded and I thought it was coming out of my chest.:eek: I am tired of being sick.

Well need to go so will chat later.

Cathy,

I hope you start feeling better real soon ;)

Hi gang!

Cat ~ sounds like a not-so-fun reaction to your medication! Feel better soon!

Heidi ~ wow, I didn't realize Staci would be a senior this year. Time goes by so fast!

Char ~ glad your back is better. Nothing worse than a sore back!

We're trying to decide whether to go to Bend tomorrow. We thought we would be helping Brian & Staci move into their new home, but the sellers are not going to be out until Monday. They did say that it would be ok for us to come by on Sunday and the kids could show us through the house. Brian leaves for his training in Seattle for 2 weeks on Sunday....then he will be in Field Development somewhere, he doesn't know where yet, but it won't be Bend. That will be 2 weeks also. We have things going on here for the next 3 weekends after this one, so can't go see the house any of those weekends. So if we don't go this weekend, we won't see it until the end of August...which wouldn't be the end of the world, but we are anxious to take a peek at it!

For some reason, neither of us is all that enthused about driving to Bend, though. I don't know why, we usually jump at any chance to go see the kids. I think maybe the stress of haying season just hasn't quite left us yet. I know Dave is worried about getting rid of this baler so he can get a different one for next year. He doesn't trust it after this year of so many breakdowns, although it is running fine right now. He has an ad in an agricultural newspaper, and a dealership near us is working on finding a home for it so we can buy his new/used one that he really wants to get rid of.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Well 66 hours in this week and I have 6 more tonight waitressing..... scheduled 75 hours next week.... really can't wait till this job switch is over and I go back down to my normal 60.... Ugghhhh..... one or two more weeks and it will be over...on the brighter side I have all day tomorrow off:D

Can anyone tell me how to transfer a photo of Kay and I holding a baby tiger taken this past March. I have it sitting in documents but don't know how to get it here.

Hey Rick,

This editor only provides a dialogue box that opens with a place to put the web address of where you have your photo hosted. You will need to upload it to a photo sharing website, then you can use the link from it to put in this editor.

Click on the picture icon when posting a message to see the dialogue box.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling pretty decent now just really weak. I am just so tired of being sick and tired.:eek:

My 4 hour sift today and then off until Tuesday.:) I forgot was it was like working full time hours. However, Renee, I use to do those type of years ago. I hope you get to settle down soon.

Time to lurk a bit and then off to work.

Welcome David and Adrienne to our growing group. Mark, sorry your explanation wasn't clear enough for this old man so guess we'll do without the picture. Oh wait a minute, could I send it as an attachment to Heidi and then she re=post it? I'm going to try that.

Rick ~ here's another way to try to get your picture here:

Click on "post" to bring up the "post box". At the top there is a paper clip. Click on the paper clip and it will open a new window. Click on "Browse" and it will let you browse your computer and find the picture. Click on the picture and then "upload". Then hit "submit" and it should put the picture here.

Marathon Dave ~ so glad you and Adrianne booked!! Now we will have "The Five Daves" again! :D

We may go to Bend today...we are still undecided. I don't know why this is taking us so long to decide! :rolleyes:

It's pretty smoky here today. So far, the smoke isn't causing me problems, but then I just got up. The sun is just peeking over Abert Rim right now....and I have to admit, the smoke does make a beautiful sunrise.

Enjoy the weekend, everybody!

Wow!!! 10am and I just woke up!! Need to get ready.... late breakfast with a friend and then maybe some pool time up at the resort I work at.... they let us use it when we want to.... one of the perks of staying there 8 hours a week.... need to stop there anyhow and do a check.... they are paying for Katie to take the lifeguard certification ... they desperately need a full time life guard and she desperately needs a year round job.... most in door county are just seasonal jobs...

Rick ~ here's another way to try to get your picture here:

Click on "post" to bring up the "post box". At the top there is a paper clip. Click on the paper clip and it will open a new window. Click on "Browse" and it will let you browse your computer and find the picture. Click on the picture and then "upload". Then hit "submit" and it should put the picture here.

Enjoy the weekend, everybody!

411052_394767363899164_1471627887_o.jpg.39db8b038354eea3db0aec3df9915f14.jpg

Thanks Sue, now you can post your picture Dave.

We have decided we will go to Bend today. Dave just got done spraying weeds, so we are not getting a very early start. It's 10:30 here right now. No biggie, cause the boys are headed to the lake with their boat (our old boat which I'm very glad not to own any more!!). We will do our errands in Bend and they'll be back in time for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow, we'll get to see Brian & Staci's house. The people are still in it, but they said it would be fine to come by and take a tour.

Heidi ~ will Eric and the young man he knows be in the same area of Vietnam? What a small world!

Talk to you guys when we get home! Enjoy the weekend!

How 'bout that....yes that is a baby tiger. It was taken the day of our 50th. wedding anniversary in Cabo San Lucas this past March 9th. Thanx for the info on how to get this done!

Don't forget that you only have a few more days to book if you want to get the $25.00 deposit and be guaranteed the $100.00 per cabin credit. Tuesday is the last day.

I know that David said he got the last balcony in inventory for the $25.00 deposit but I would think you could book another category with the $25.00 deposit and then switch to a balcony when you are ready to put down the full deposit. I'm just not sure how that would work. Switching categories like that might cause you to lose the cabin credit. I just don't know. You would have to ask Erin when you call to book.