Email on TP

Bob100

• 4 months later...

As long as you can check email via a web-based server you can retrieve your email from anywhere. For example, if you have a Yahoo or Hot Mail account (web based) you can get these emails anywhere anytime. But if you have email coming in from a local server that goes straight to your Outlook or Outlook Express, you have to find out how to access them on the web and get your email that way. For example, I have Charter high speed internet at work and the emails come to me through Outlook Express. But if I wanted to check these emails at home or on vacation I'd have to get on the web and go to charter.net and log on to their site and get my emails that way.

If you are a platinum member, e-mail access is free. Of course, Princess will charge your onboard account and unless you ask them to reverse the charges, it will be passed on to your credit card. Also, if you're having problems using webmail, try this page or site: http:/mail2web.com/

We had a very difficult accessing email or even getting online in Papeete. But in the other islands it was easy. If you have trouble getting online be sure to tell the purser's desk and they will remove it from your bill.

Also, if you use Princess email account for passengers you will pay out the rear! It is much cheaper to access your yahoo, aol, hotmail, etc.

nancy

Archived