Anyone Else Encounter This

Suncoaster

I was on FaceBook yesterday and an ad from a Cruise Travel Agent came on for discount cruise prices, when checking their site sure enough N218 Pacific Sun 29th April had Cabins P @ $349 each for 2 and I $399 each for 2. Also checked P&O and their prices were the same. Rang to book this morning and prices are back to around $700 each. The TA also denies they were ever listed at this price..

I realise it was probably a typo error on some ones part and both parties have covered it up quickly, but was interested to see if anyone else saw it, or am I going nuts!

I realise they proably forgot to put it was for a quad share, but when starting to book the total price came out at $698 and $798, so I kick myself that I didn't book it at the time.

So any tips on getting a last minute cruise?

Thanks

Val

I didn't see it, but it is extremely annoying. DS recently saw a fantastic price for a suite, but when he queried it, they said that special was not on any more, even though it was still there. I'm sure that is not legal practice.

So any tips on getting a last minute cruise?

Thanks

Val

I forgot to say, I have signed up for online newsletters from every TA and there are many great last minute specials advertised - especially this year.

In all the hundreds I've received I have NEVER come across one such as yours or the one my DS received. Good luck with finding what you want. :) :) :)

Val, the PM feature doesn't work here unfortunately. Also, it was the furniture and appliance place that I reckon I know! :D

I haven't, personally, seen any cases of false advertising from a TA and I'm pretty sure with my son's experience, it was the ship line, not a TA. I will ask him when I next speak to him.

Further to the above found another TA had this great offer today, got a quote for price, but he rang me back

to say that booking was unavailable now, but he would look in the morning as to any other good deals on offer.

I contacted a local TA and they have offered me a good price for same cruise, which we will go in and pay for tomorrow. It is being held for us.

I Google mapped (street view) the TA who gave me the quote today, and lets just say I would be stressed till I had the tickets in hand, but then I am a worry wart!

So happy to pay a few dollars more and go with a well know agent.

Okay what to do in Cairns and overnight, thought about hiring a car for a day and looking around, all suggestions welcome.

Val

I'm glad you found a good price Val. :) Sometimes it is better to pay a bit more for security. Once we've booked a cruise - for what we think is a good price -we don't look at that cruise's fares any more. So far we've been very lucky to get great OBC as well as reduced fares and deposits. If you want to cruise again, you can't lose by purchasing a Future Cruise Letter. If you haven't used it in 4 years you can get your money back etc etc.

Archived