Your Time Dining Question

mzloolue

I have tried Your Time Dining twice.

I don't care for it really, but I do have a question.

When you wait in line to see if you are going to get a beeper or get a table and they ask your cabin number and bring up your name, exactly what information is the hostess studying so seriously.

Once the guy ahead of me was sent away complaining with a beeper and we were seated right away.

What was that deal?

Did I have brownie points of some kind or did he just tick them off really bad?

I have tried Your Time Dining twice.

I don't care for it really, but I do have a question.

When you wait in line to see if you are going to get a beeper or get a table and they ask your cabin number and bring up your name, exactly what information is the hostess studying so seriously.

Once the guy ahead of me was sent away complaining with a beeper and we were seated right away.

What was that deal?

Did I have brownie points of some kind or did he just tick them off really bad?

I would think his group size was an issue and they didn't have a table, and he wasn't happy.

I did anytime dining on my recent Magic cruise and will more than likely not do it again. Out of 7 nights we went 3 nights to dining room. We had to get a beeper one of those nights and that was after standing in line for a half hr. I found that 2 of the 3 waiters were not personable at all and service all together was lacking. I think next cruise we will return to set time dining and just go to buffet if we don't make the dining room, at least I will know that I will get seated at the set time.

We have used anytime dining and love it. DH is disabled and never know how tired he will be to know when he would need to eat. We have never had to wait more than a few minutes but most of the time it was just the two of us and we did not have a special request. Once we did ask to sit at a table for four next to the window at sunset and luckily the couple right behind us said they would like that too so we sat together with no wait. Have noticed that it is the luck of the draw sometimes with the wait staff especially in the morning at breakfast or if you are sat just at the rush close to the main regular dining times, that will slow your service down. Try to get there about 15-20 minutes prior to regular seating or at least 30 minutes after a regular seating has started. Tips: if you like more than one cup of coffee in the MDR at breakfast ask for the coffee container to be left at the table, easier if at a large table. Two at dinner if you know you might want two entrées order both at the same time because you may never see the second one until your desert is to be served. Figure at least 90 minutes for a dinner meal or you may be disappointed to miss a event you want to see. Same at breakfast do not do the MDR unless you have a full hour before you have to be some where. If you cant wait do the buffet or made to order omelette's which are great.

The only time we have had to wait is formal night. Not a problem then we get our beeper thing and go get some pictures taken. We also ask for the same wait staff. We have never had a problem. Love your time dinning! As the previous poster said...we also time it just right. Don't go when the same time dinning is being sat! Bad idea! Always give it some time. We like to arrive 30 min. before the second anytime dinning.

We love YTD as we can eat on our schedule and not the ship's. The only time we don't do YTD is if we are cruising with a group and the leader wants everyone to dine at the same time, or if we are with first time passengers - we want them to have the whole dining room experience (same wait staff, same table, singing, dancing, etc).

OP - most likely the person before you either was not able to get a table in his favorite section, or was part of a large group and there were no tables available. That has happened to us a couple of times - as long as you are patient, you WILL be seated!

When the hostess brings up your cabin number they are confirming that you are suppose to be in YTD. And they also are noticing the number of cruises you have, and if there are any ammenities (wine, photo coupons etc..) that are supposed to be delivered to you at dinner.

They guy that was sent away with a beeper may have had a special request that couldn't be met at that time.

I love YTD......wouldn't ever switch back. We usually go between 6:30 and 7 and rarely have to wait. When we do it's usually because we're requesting a certain table number.

Archived