Whale Watching Difference

DragonMouse

Mendenhall Glacier and Wildlife Quest combines a whale watching tour with the glacier. I believe the wildlife quest portion is run by Allen Marine and included looking for sea otters, whales, orcas, eagles etc.

The Whales and trails spends a hour hiking the trails around the glacier - led by a naturalist. Then down to the bay for some whale watching.

For more information see: http://cruiseportinsider.com/juneauexcursions.html

Mendenhall Glacier and Wildlife Quest combines a whale watching tour with the glacier. I believe the wildlife quest portion is run by Allen Marine and included looking for sea otters, whales, orcas, eagles etc.

The Whales and trails spends a hour hiking the trails around the glacier - led by a naturalist. Then down to the bay for some whale watching.

For more information see: http://cruiseportinsider.com/juneauexcursions.html

And where does Mendenhall come into play with the first tour?? Just a stop? It is not common to see sea otters on the whale watches, it is sea lions and harbor seals.

I am still requesting that the actual tours be copied and posted, if the details are desired.

If a "hike" , this is usually just the Trail of Time at Mendenhall, that is simple to pick up the guide sheet and go on your own.

BQ I am surprized that you have not done or at least heard of this combo tour. Yes they bus you to Mendehall for a quick visit to the visitor's center. Then down to the Allen Marine docks for whale watching/ wildlife quest. The tour also operates in reverse where you do the marine part first.

I think doing a copy and paste of both tours is a waste of bandwidth. Which is why I posted the link.

BQ I am surprized that you have not done or at least heard of this combo tour. Yes they bus you to Mendehall for a quick visit to the visitor's center. Then down to the Allen Marine docks for whale watching/ wildlife quest. The tour also operates in reverse where you do the marine part first.

I think doing a copy and paste of both tours is a waste of bandwidth. Which is why I posted the link.

Certainly I have heard of the combo tours, they are too many, and with the tour description in the question, nobody has to use time to find it.

But, there could be details in the descriptions that are noteworthy.

OK, so overall, and general, the Mendenhal Whale watch combo tours, have between 30-45 minutes at the glacier visitor center. This is not enough time, unless on a run, for the Nuggett Falls hike. If it follows a whale watch you can bail out of the inlcuded return and use a downtown shuttle bus for $8pp (last years price)

Archived