Few questions before cruise

KRW71

Hi. we sail in June on Carnival Legend and have a few more questions for all the experienced cruisers out there. Our boys are 3 years old and 12 year old twins plus cousins that are 11, 15, 12 and 8

1. in the kid's clubs are there any special themes, parties, activities that my kids will need a special outfit for?

2.Do the kids do things like glow sticks, glow necklaces, mardi gras beads. I could pick these up easily at the $store.

3. Flying Southwest. Have not flown since 1997 and the rules have changed. When packing liquids, bottles, aerosols in checked luggage do I have to worry about pressure making things break open, leak, etc.? I know not to pack in carry on. Are small snacks allowed in carry on bag?

Thanks in advance:)

The kids don't need any special clothes. They did do some activities in kids club but the kids didn't have to bring any craft items or anything.

Here's the link to TSA's website- http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

You can bring aerosol's for personal care. I would always put your personal items in your checked luggage in freezer gallon size bags in case they do leak as luggage gets tossed around at airports and by porters at the dock. You don't want your shampoo all over your clothes...

You can bring your own snacks if you wish. The only rules on food is if you are flying international and in that case everything has to be sealed.

Hi. we sail in June on Carnival Legend and have a few more questions for all the experienced cruisers out there. Our boys are 3 years old and 12 year old twins plus cousins that are 11, 15, 12 and 8

1. in the kid's clubs are there any special themes, parties, activities that my kids will need a special outfit for?

2.Do the kids do things like glow sticks, glow necklaces, mardi gras beads. I could pick these up easily at the $store.

3. Flying Southwest. Have not flown since 1997 and the rules have changed. When packing liquids, bottles, aerosols in checked luggage do I have to worry about pressure making things break open, leak, etc.? I know not to pack in carry on. Are small snacks allowed in carry on bag?

Krista,

1) You may get the younger kids involved with Camp Carnival and the councilors will have them make any decorations and outfits for their parade. The older ones will most probably pass the time with video games and making friends to roam the ship.

2) I wouldn't worry about beads or glow sticks.

3) Major Airlines luggage compartments are pressurized so no worry there.

When flying, I make sure any liquids/gel is in one or 2 layers of plastic (zip-lock, grocery store bags, etc.) (Checked luggage.)

I think you need to worry more about baggage handlers on both ends, than air pressure.

Last year, my shampoo ruptured. It is very difficult to get shampoo out of your toothbrush, and tastes terrible!

It's better to put liquid in bottles into ziplocks as they may start leaking.

Food is allowed, if any sauce packages or peanut butter - should be in a liquid bag, check TSA website 3-1-1 rule. There are special rules to bring juice for children.

You will print boarding passes 24 hrs before boarding - as you have a 3-year-old you can go between groups A and B as family pre-boarding unless you get group A passes. Seats are not assigned.

Adults have to take their shoes off - now I think 12 and under don't have to do that.

thanks everyone. I do use ziplocks for everthing. I even put clothes in them sometimes. ( 1 kid's outfit per 2gal. bag squish the air out is what we did for Disney World land vaca)

Getting ready for a road trip you take everything and no worries about what is allowed.

Flying with 3 kids I am worrying about taking too much, lost luggage, keeping our little guy happy and occupied on flight, et. etc.

I just need to relax

I think my tip for airports/flying is pay attention. There are signs everywhere explaining what you need to do, particularly to get through security. You'll be waiting in line anyway- use the time to read the signs. For example- don't wait until you're at the metal detector to realize that you had to take your belt buckle off.

Archived