Interior Stateroom Guarantee on Explorer Of The Seas

Sohker

I am thinking about booking two rooms on this cruise using the interior stateroom guarantee. Has anyone used this method? How did it turn out? Is there a chance of getting a non interior room?

It seems I will save about $1000 if I use the interior stateroom guarantee over a regular booking.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions?

If I wait does the room price get lower as the sail date approaches?

Appreciate your thoughts.

I am thinking about booking two rooms on this cruise using the interior stateroom guarantee. Has anyone used this method? How did it turn out? Is there a chance of getting a non interior room?

It seems I will save about $1000 if I use the interior stateroom guarantee over a regular booking.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions?

If I wait does the room price get lower as the sail date approaches?

Appreciate your thoughts.

I'm right now booked in an interior guarantee on the 4th of May on the Brilliance and still no room. I hope the longer the wait the better the cabin. Have booked before and always got an upgrade to a higher inside category.

Look closely at the Explorer deck plans. All the inside rooms are on decks 6-10. The OV rooms are almost exclusively on decks 2-3. There's no chance that your inside cabin is going to be buried on deck 2-3 under the theater or next to the anchor.

I've sailed the EX 8 times in balconies and insides. After my mom passed away, I became a solo cruiser in inside rooms and started paying attention to them. I've never done a guarantee, but I've learned not to get attached to a particular cabin. The way it seems to work is that there are 5 inside categories - Q, K, L, M, and N. All the inside cabins seem to be the same except for the ability to sleep a 3rd or 4th person or a connecting door. Q is always the cheapest and always seems to sell out because of that - people buy them early and hold onto them. N is the next least expensive and is also popular - these are primarily on decks 6 and 7. The cabins that don't sell as well are the more expensive K, L, and M cabins on decks 8-10. One year I started out in an N on deck 7 and with price drops ended up two moves later in an L on deck 10. On that cruise L ended up being the cheapest inside cabin category.

There's definitely a chance that you could be at either end of the ship forward or aft, but that's not the end of the world. I've been on the aft and it was a walk, but definitely one I would do to save $1000.

What sailing are you considering? Usually the guarantee offer doesn't appear for the EX until close to sailing. It's not a normal offer.

Is it OK if the rooms are on different decks and different ends of the ship? if so, I would do it to save the money. The assigned cabins may be close together or far apart. Once you get assignments, you can check to see if there are cabins you prefer in the exact same category....if so Royal Caribbean will likely let you move to the preferred cabin. Odds of an upgrade...who knows...but if you book this, expect an inside cabin.

For me an upgrade to an OV on the Explorer would not necessarily be desirable. These cabins are tucked away on decks 2 and 3 - maybe less hall traffic, but definitely more elevator hassle. I've been in an OV on deck 3 and personally didn't find the waterline view appealing.

As Starry Eyes said, you can speak to RCL. I'm assuming your reservations will be linked - maybe you could get connecting cabins if they are not all taken on your sailing.

We booked explorer inside gty and the later in the same day our cabin was assigned on deck 8. We usually have a balcony but the price on this inside had to be grabbed . If prices on the balcony drop we'll change catetgories. Last year on another line I booked an oceanview, moved up to a balcony and again moved to a balcony junior suite. Watch the prices !

Book what you can afford and watch the prices.

Archived