Should I rent a Cabana?

mpr774

I will be in Half Moon Cay August 29 with my husband and two kids ages 11 and 9. This is our first time there if we rent the cabana I feel we'll probably feel we need to stay in it most of the day. Is there alot of things to do that I'll miss out on?

My dh wants to lounge all day, read his kindle and drink some beer that will make him happy. So the cabana seems like a good idea. Just not sure if will be good idea on our first visit.

Also would like to know if the sun is strong during that time of year.

Yes! Rent a cabana! You won't regret it! It is a great set-up, and I'm sure your children will like it, too! It is a beautiful beach, and we loved our cabana so much on our first visit to Half Moon Cay that we actually missed an excursion we had planned just so we could stay there longer! Warning...it could very well become your new "happy place"!

Thanks KoalaLou and Tammy for your response the pic looks great:) I was just looking at other posts about cabana squatters. Is it really that much of a problem? Do people try to use shower etc or "move in" if your away?

Thanks KoalaLou and Tammy for your response the pic looks great:) I was just looking at other posts about cabana squatters. Is it really that much of a problem? Do people try to use shower etc or "move in" if your away?

We had cabana 13 which was further down the beach from all of the excitement. It was very quite and the bathrooms were not that far away from us. We had a few people come up. We just told them that these are private cabanas. They would just stroll away. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had no problems farther down the beach (#11). We did have "shower visitors" when we had #5 and had to direct them to the public showers (not that far away). Most people just seemed to miss that "private cabana" sign. It certainly hasn't deterred me from booking another cabana for this July's cruise.:cool:

We had Cabana #14, and we had no "visitors" attempt to use anything! It was a beautiful, quiet spot. We rarely even had people swimming right in front of our cabana. Enjoy yours, it will be a highlight of your cruise. Your family will thank you!

I just booked a Cabana yesterday for our cruise July 23rd and there were only 2 left. If you decide to rent a Cabana do so early so you won't be disappointed. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as we return. Enjoy your trip! :)

Yes!! My reserving a cabana was worth all of the initial teasing from my husband about how much time I spent on Cruise Critic before our first cruise!! We all loved it - perfect day and perfect little place to relax for the family! Enjoy!!

Dawna

Archived