Spoke with Princess...here's their policy on bringing wine etc. on board

jaspertl

You can bring as many bottles of wine or champagne on board as you like.

If they find hard liquor in your baggage they will take it from you and return it at the end of the cruise.

After speaking with them, I'm not sure why anyone would want to sneak liquor on board as it seems you can get a bottle of premium vodka etc. for the same price you'd pay at a store

For example $22. for a bottle of absolute (1 liter)

Grey Goose was a few dollars more

If you buy hard liquor on board, they keep it until the end of your cruise and then give it back to you. We never had any problem bringing a bottle of tequilia, rum, etc. on board, but I guess they check closer now.

OK, is Baileys Irish Cream hard liquor?:confused: I don't drink wine but like Baileys so thought I would bring a bottle. Do you think they would sell it by the bottle on the ship? I wouldn't need a very big bottle, just to put a bit in my coffee once in a while.

Can you get the small plastic bottles, I thing they come in 4 or 6 packs at most liquor stores and put it in your checked luggage and not your carry on. They don't seem to care as much if it's in the big bags, but the carry ons they are very particular about, sometimes.

They sell Bailey's in the Duty free store on board at a very good price but you'll have to take that home with you, they won't let you take that stuff to you room.

I was told that you can buy almost any type of liquor (not sure about Bailey's but you might call the 800 number and ask) at their store and have it delivered to your room to enjoy in your cabin.

Anything you bring on board with you they will take from you, and hold it until you leave the ship

Don't confuse the duty free liquor purchases on board with their regular sales of bottled liquor on board.

Princess used to sell bottles for consumption on board at the gift shop. However, a number of years ago they changed that. In the gift shop you can only purchase duty free stuff, which is given to you at the end of the voyage. We did notice that that toward the end of our last cruise they just gave us duty free liquor over the counter and we could consume whenever and wherever.

But, apart from the duty free sales they sell allsorts of liquor for consumption on board. They designate a specific bar for that purpose. You just go in and ask the bartender for a bottle of Jack D. or wine or whatever and put it on your card. We have had no problem with that system and it usually is cheaper than what we would pay in port. Except, when there is a duty free shop next to the dock. Then we save a few bucks. But, even then, Princess has never given us a hassle when we board with booze regardless of what type of liquor it is.

Archived