Temporary Driver's License

Katagd

My husband and I just recently had to renew our driver's license. In Alabama, they give us a temporary copy (paper, not hard plastic) with our photo on it (it's in black and white) and it has all of the info. that will be on the hard copy license. Anyways, we are leaving for our cruise on Thursday and we don't want any problems with our documents and proof of identification. We both have original birth certificates, recently expired Drivers License, new temporary license, and our marriage license because my name doesn't match my birth certificate. I've called Carnival and Immigration. I get the feeling they haven't heard my question before and no one sounds too sure of the answer they give me. Do you think we will encounter any problems? Carnival says that we should be fine as long as we have the expired hard copy license and the new temporary paper license with the photo on it. Immigration said that as long as it is state or gov. issued, we'd be fine. We're just nervous because it's our first cruise and we don't want to get stuck in a mess and them not let us board. Then we'd lose our money! Yicks, what do you think. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance.

I do not think you will have any problems, between your birth certificate and your licenses. I bet if you didn't tell them the license was expired, they won't even notice. They are mainly looking for proof of residence and a photo to match to the face, I think.

I Was In The Same Situation Last Year. I Carried Both My Expired License And My Paper Copy Showing I Am Waiting For My Newly Renewed One. The Only Place I Was Questioned Was At The Airport, Where They Wanted To See Both Copies.

Better get your passport soon!! (hehe) There should not be a problem as the copy is a legal document if you get pulled over for speeding they will take that as valid ID.. you should be OK!

Archived