Vow Renewal

bdziewit

I have looked a bit under the wedding category, but not a whole lot of action over there. I have a few questions about vow renewals on Carnival. First, does anyone have any experience with them. My husband and I wanted to do one for our 10 yr anniversary. I also wanted to suprise his parents who are cruising with us and book a double ceremony without them knowing. They are celebrating 50 years. Problem is, our anniversary was in Feb and theirs is in Aug. We sail on Magic over the Thanksgiving break. Is it a stupid idea? :rolleyes:

Not a stupid idea at all. We did it on the Fantasy for our 25th 2 years ago. We honeymooned in Hawaii but the Fantasy was our first cruise, so we booked the same cabin we had in '92, did the vow renewal ceremony, and was able to book it for the same time as our actual wedding, 4:00, on the date of our anniversary. We got LOTS of looks from other passengers as the library was closed to just us, the Captain performed the cremony, had lots of photos taken, had cake and champaign, and it was a wonderful way to start our trip. Even if not on your actual anniversary date, I would recommend going for it!

Thank you for replying. I think I am going to call Carnival and give it a shot. I think his parents would really be suprised. It will be nice because my kids will be on the cruise too. First time for the kiddos.

Thank you for replying. I think I am going to call Carnival and give it a shot. I think his parents would really be suprised. It will be nice because my kids will be on the cruise too. First time for the kiddos.

what a great idea. Next year it will be mine and my husbands 10th and my grandparents 50th!

About the date...you will have two anniversarys, so two dates to celebrate and two cruises a year to take....right?!?!?! :p

I would recommend renewing the vows on an island rather than on the ship. We've seen several weddings and vow renewals on the ship and it just seems so impersonal to us as compared to a beautiful island spot. But everyone is different of course, that's just our opinion...

Depending on where you are going there are some excellent spots to choose, and with just a little imagination and planning you can really surprise your husband and his parents if you want to. For example I surprised my wife on our 25th anniversary with this at the gazebo overlooking Paradise Point on St Thomas. I made all the arrangemets online for the JP, champagne, and other necessities and it was very easy. Ideal location with amazing views behind us and a great place to enjoy a dinner and cocktails after, I chose this over a beach so that weather couldn't be a major factor. We had 3 other couples with us and it was perfect. My wife and I went to Turcks & Caicos for a week after the 8-night cruise for our alone time, but PP was a perfect spot to enjoy our anniversary with our closest friends.

You (or you and your husband) could let on you're doing the renewal on one day and schedule it on an island the day before to surprise them. Up to you but it just adds a little more to the memories than just something pre-planned together on the ship - adds a little to the experience!

If you want something on the beach that's available too of course - whatever you want they can do. And celebrating in a different month is not an issue to most people, they can celebrate their real day together with their close friends at home.

But whatever you decide congratulations on your 10th and especially on the 50th!

Archived