"Triumph"ant Adventures with D & E 12/2011 review w/photos

txlnghrn79

We left the theater after the shows and went to the lido deck. We weren't hungry but we wanted pictures of the midnight Mexican buffet. We also took advantage of the wake. It is so relaxing to stand at the back of the boat and listen to the wake at night. After our late night, we decided bedtime was a must because Cozumel would be here before we knew it! I could not wait to swim with dolphins!!

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

While in bed this night I just couldn't help but be thankful for this trip! The rocking of the ship is so peaceful. I was so excited for our next port and thought I would have trouble sleeping. This was not the case, I slept like a baby! :)

When I woke up my DH was already up taking pics of the ships outside of our balcony. Last cruise we didn't have anyone in port with us. This cruise we would not only share the port with a fellow Carnival ship but two RC ships and one Holland America ship. It was a blast capturing other ships sharing the water with us!

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

The water is so much prettier in Cozumel than Progresso. We were very anxious to get off the boat. I was a little envious of all of the cruisers that were already enjoying our port before we could get off but I knew that it would be soon enough! The Carnival Glory would call on Belize and Rotan after the Cozumel port. DH and I cannot wait to take that cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We were so close to Cozumel! I was so excited!

DSC01138.jpg

Almost there!

DSC01139.jpg

Neighbors watching us dock!

DSC01142.jpg

Tying us down!

DSC01143.jpg

These guys are waiting on you. They make some money taking you to the end of the pier but they really get paid when it is time to come back to the ship! :)

DSC01140.jpg

We all ate breakfast on the lido and then got ready to head to the pier. Dustin and I took "yes, I'm ready!" pics!

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

Once we were off of the ship, we stopped and took a pic. We were fascinated by the size of the ships!

DSC01162.jpg

This red flag over the water signifies that they have a diver in the water checking on the ship. I think that is so cool!

DSC01168.jpg

Here is a picture of the two Royal Caribbean ships in port.

DSC01173.jpg

Here is a great pic of the Carnival ships!

DSC01179.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I noticed you have been on the Triumph and the Ecstasy cruises? Might I enquire as to which ship you liked the best? We are considering two cruises: 5 day Triumph out of Galveston to Progresso and Cozumel

5 day Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral to HMC, Nassau, and Freeport.

The cost is almost the same for both, We were trying to decide between actual ships and departure ports. Best layouts, cruise terminals, cabins, and FOOD :).

Thanks for any help you may offer.

MECruisin

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the "brief", okay longer than brief delay. This was a super busy time in our lives. In fact my wife (who writes the majority of the review) worked 55 days with only 5 real days off. Hopefully we can get this review finished before our next cruise in 29 days!!!!

@MEcrusin, do you still want input on the two ships or have you already decided on one? Let us know!!

Here are some more pictures as we got off the boat and walked in to puerto maya pier!!

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

Beautiful scenery!!

DSC01205.jpg

Waiter delivering two drinks on his head, stacked on top of each other......talented!!

DSC01213.jpg

Walking with our guide to the taxi stand to catch a ride to our swim with dolphins excursion!!

DSC01219.jpg

Random picture on the way.

DSC01236.jpg

Dolphinaris!!!

When we arrived at the Dolphinaris we took a few pictures before we put our belongings and camera into a locker. They have lockers to rent and showers available. *tip - if you have sunscreen on it must be "animal friendly" or you will be required to shower before your encounter can begin. Luckily, DH and I had not applied any sunscreen yet so we were able to get ready for our encounter immediately. The guides divide the groups up into 10 and everyone is assigned a life jacket and goggles. The water is salty like the ocean. There is no room for cameras near the water. I'm sure if you had an underwater camera you could have had it with you but I didn't feel like it would be conducive. (The people want you to buy their videos and pictures of your experience.)

DSC01237.jpg

This is the beautiful pool. The dolphins are well taken care of and you get a good history lesson about their care.

DSC01240.jpg

Beautiful dolphin!

This excursion included dolphin encounter, swim, and lunch! They taught you how to wave, let the dolphin kiss you on the cheek, dance with the dolphin, and finally swim holding on to one fin as he glides you across the water! It was a blast! The dolphin was so kind to all of us! Near the end of the encounter the dolphins (about 5 of them) performed a little show for us. After we left the pool area we dried off, collected our things. We were directed to a room where you could watch the video of your swim and pictures. We were not prepared for the sticker shock of the prices. Good thing mom brought the credit card!! We split the cost three ways and made copies once we got home. They get all of the good shots and can't help but want them!!

After we made our purchases we went to the patio overlooking the pool to eat a lunch of fajitas and enjoy the view. Even though the price of lunch is included you need to remember to bring tips for the waiter. Our lunch experience was fantastic!

DSC01244.jpg

Mom!

DSC01245.jpg

Marcia and me with our sunburned faces!

DSC01246.jpg

Dad! Day two of feeling better!!

DSC01251.jpg

Lunch spot overlooking the pool and ocean just beyond the Dolphinaris!

• 2 weeks later...

After swimming with the dolphins, we got into our "cab", aka van for our ride back to the pier. Here are some scenery shots on our way back.

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

After we got back to Puerta Maya, we shopped around. Now as we are huge Texas Longhorn fans, this caught our eyes.......

DSC01301.jpg

It was fascinating watching the guy make these pictures. Of course we had to buy one! LOL

It was now time to head back to the ship. I love this shot of in between the two huge ships....

DSC01319.jpg

Coming up.....sailing away from Cozumel.

Archived