Review of Rhapsody of the Seas post drydock 29 Mar to 13 April

Thanks, CassCruise for the great review and photos! We were booked in one of the corner suites originally and are now waitlisted to have one of them again, as we were assigned a different location with the same number forward of that spot. My fingers are crossed! I wish that we had been given the opportunity to maintain the original location on the ship. Once I can track down the TA, I may be on the phone to RCCL to see if they can do anything to make me happy.;) For now, I am trying to avoid whining! It will be sublime to be cruising again, regardless!

Thanks, CassCruise for the great review and photos! We were booked in one of the corner suites originally and are now waitlisted to have one of them again, as we were assigned a different location with the same number forward of that spot. My fingers are crossed! I wish that we had been given the opportunity to maintain the original location on the ship. Once I can track down the TA, I may be on the phone to RCCL to see if they can do anything to make me happy.;) For now, I am trying to avoid whining! It will be sublime to be cruising again, regardless!
I am sure you will be happy - agree any day at sea!!!:) I would pursue OBC more to send a protest to RCCL than anything!

Jane

I was so relieved to have finally read a review about the ship post re-fit. Really appreciated the pictures!

Few weeks ago I found out about the re-fit and that the cruise line had moved our Handicap Accessible Suite to one of the Large Ocean View rooms that had been added to deck 8 (all the rooms had been moved up by 4). I had to go through quite an ordeal to get moved back to my original room. How upsetting it would have been to show up the day of sailing and find out I did not have a handicap room for my mom! Thanks to Cruise Critic I found out in advance :D

The photos where great to see. You had a pic of a Handicap room 8050 that is directly across from ours (an exact replica). Much relieved to see it's large and the shower has a huge walk-in area.

Thank you for taking the time to post!!! No Worries about the length... I read every word, and loved the details.

• 4 weeks later...

Jane,

you are a wonderful women, these photos are fantastic, trying to get any info or pictures out of royal caribbean north sydney office is like pulling teeth. we are at the point that we are looking at pulling the whole booking, which is over 20 cabins at this stage.

Too funny - thank you!!:) If you have any other questions please feel free and I will try and answer I do have more info eg cruise compass, cocktail list etc just trying to find the time to scan! She is a lovely ship I am sure you will have a great time!

Jane

Hi Jane

I'm travelling on Rhapsody in January 2013 with a large family group. We would love to see cocktail list, Aussie & NZ wine list, Compass and anything else that will be useful! Some of the info for cruises out of Sydney just don't exist on the RCI website.

Thanks very much for everything you have told us so far!

Regards

Dave

We would love to see the compasses as well! Enjoyed the pix of 8596-we were able to retain this for our August sailing after booking the corner aft a year ago and the number switch.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to post the compasses. Enjoy the day!

• 2 weeks later...
Too funny - thank you!!:) If you have any other questions please feel free and I will try and answer I do have more info eg cruise compass, cocktail list etc just trying to find the time to scan! She is a lovely ship I am sure you will have a great time!

Jane

Thank you so much for this review! I loved your pictures too. We leave Friday to Alaska and are 'eating up' all the details we can get our hands on about the ship. Do you still have the cocktail list you can post?

Any additional pieces of info would be great too... like where was your favorite hang-out spots? Pictures of the pool areas, or other common areas? Really I would love to see anything more you can offer. :D:D:D

Thank you again!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok FINALLY!!! I have been able to update the album with some scanned "bits" so far have uploaded Cocktail List, Laundry and Spa Lists, overview of the different age groups for kids clubs and most of the daily compass for the teens (especially for you Aleisha:)) the daily planner we received Day One and some other bits - will try and upload more later this week.

Jane

Ok FINALLY!!! I have been able to update the album with some scanned "bits" so far have uploaded Cocktail List, Laundry and Spa Lists, overview of the different age groups for kids clubs and most of the daily compass for the teens (especially for you Aleisha:)) the daily planner we received Day One and some other bits - will try and upload more later this week.

Jane

Thanks Jane ... Happy dance!!!!

Archived