My experience with NCL so far...

darlong

It's scary booking a cruise with an unfamiliar cruise line. This purchase represents more money than I have spent on holiday before. I came here to research before I made my selection. Reading the reviews and comments (and rants) here can also be scary. I'd like to share my experience so that other newbies (like me) will be more comfortable when dealing with all of the above.

I am set to sail on the SUN on 06/27, and have a large family sailing with me. This has required numerous calls to NCL regarding medical issues, upgrades, shore excursions, birthday packages, etc. Each time I called I spoke to a different person, but in each case they were pleasant and professional. When I asked a question they put me on hold while they tracked down the answer. I was given numbers to call for more info, and on one occasion I was called back. Diane from reaccomodation was professional and very helpful. I was on hold a while, but I expected that. I made sure to tell each person I spoke with that I appreciated their help, and thanked them for their efforts. So far so good. I was nervous about calling them, hearing so much about NCL's bad customer service really scared me. I just want to say if you are new, and dreading calling NCL for the same reason, exhale, and relax. They are not ogres. I'm sure some are better than others and everyone has an off day. But I really believe their goal is to help you, even if their efforts occasionally go awry. Ironically, it's very much like the situation here on the boards. : )

I wish you all many happy cruises, and I'll post on my shipboard experiences.

Dar------SUN to Alaska 06/27

I'm glad that you've had good experiences with NCL's customer services reps. I've also had good experiences each time that I've called.

You'll love the Sun. We sailed on her in May of 2002, and we just loved the ship. Enjoy!!!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;4;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until 9 nights of pure joy in the Southern Caribbean!!!

NCL Spirit - February 2005
Grand Princess - May 2003
NCL Sun - May 2002
NCL Sea - May 2000

so glad to hear your experiences with customer service went well as mine have many times. im sure you will love the Sun as i did last dec., so much so that im booked again for this dec. and have decided to upgrade from a BC balcony (which was very nice) to an AF minisuite facing aft! the food was great and even better than my Celebrity Galaxy cruise in march. enjoy and write us a review when you get back!

"live long and prosper...so you may cruise!"
Skyward/Starward/Carla Costa/Meridian x3/Enchanted Isle x5/Enchanted Seas/Horizon x2/Zenith/Galaxy/Norway x3/Nor.Sun x2/Nor. Wind/Nor. Majesty/Nordic Prince/Oceanbreeze x3/Seabreeze x2/Seawind Crown/Islandbreeze

Archived