Camp Carnival enrollment and activities during non-holdiay breaks

rgfeldman

We would appreciate any imput from families who have traveled during non-holiday breaks and put their older children in Camp Carnival. We are first-time cruisers and would like to cruise (with our 6 and 10 year olds) in the middle of January 2013 to the carribean. I'm not sure there will be children this age at the kids club for them to play with. Does anyone have experience with this or know what percentage of cruisers have children with them on board this time of year?

We would appreciate any imput from families who have traveled during non-holiday breaks and put their older children in Camp Carnival. We are first-time cruisers and would like to cruise (with our 6 and 10 year olds) in the middle of January 2013 to the carribean. I'm not sure there will be children this age at the kids club for them to play with. Does anyone have experience with this or know what percentage of cruisers have children with them on board this time of year?

We have sailed on non holidays every cruise except one and there have always been kids on the ship...not as many, but that is a good thing as they get more time to do things and they get more attention from the councelors. My daughter was in the 9-11 year old group last year and I would say there was about 20 or so kids in there...all together in all of the groups under 11 at the talent show we saw about 75-100 kids...not too many, but enough that they can make a friend or 2...many people will take their kids out of school for a week to beat the crowds and the lower airfare and cruise rates on non holiday weeks.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that there were enough to make a friend or two. We also like to travel non-holiday weeks, as the airfare is so much less. We are looking into the Carnival Liberty going to Puerto Rico, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and St. Thomas. We are hoping these ports will be good beach choices this time of year.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that there were enough to make a friend or two. We also like to travel non-holiday weeks, as the airfare is so much less. We are looking into the Carnival Liberty going to Puerto Rico, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and St. Thomas. We are hoping these ports will be good beach choices this time of year.

Depends on the weather really, if we have another winter like this past one you will have no problems. The water certainly won't be freezing but will be a little cooler in January and Ferbuary than most of the other months...but kids don't seem to mind nor care...mine would cut through the ice to swim if I let her...

Archived