July 4th in Ketchikan

icequeen813

What will be going on in town that day? I do have a Rainforest Canopy Adventure booked. I hope it is not cancelled.

Could someone also please comment on what happens in other ports re excursions and shop opening times too? I don't know if it is best to be in the Rockies, in Vancouver or onboard the ship for 4 July (yes i do know it is an american holiday and there is also Canada day the weekend before). I would like to avoid the crowds but don't want to miss excursions.

What will be going on in town that day? I do have a Rainforest Canopy Adventure booked. I hope it is not cancelled.

Ketchikan has a parade through town around noon and most of the locals are out and about. On the west end of town in the parking lot of the mall there are food booths and games for the kids. There are other activities around town also. The shops and restaurants will be open. Your tour should be operating, I don't think they would have booked it if they were closing for the day.

Archived