To Book, or Not To Book...Opinions, Please!

Quincella

So I realize that my signature has "Carnival Miracle" about 1 million days out as one of my scheduled cruises. Truth is, I haven't booked yet (gasp!).

I know she's the ship I want, and I know the date. So why haven't I ponied up? Since it is about 1 bazillion days away still, I figure that one of the online TAs, or even Carnival itself, will have a "Book-Now-And-Get-A-$100-Stateroom-Credit" deal at some point between now and then. Of course, there's always the very good chance that prices will go up before then, and then it will be a wash.

So, my fellow CCers, should I book now so I can officially be excited, or book later with the hopes of reaping some great reward for my patience?

Hmmm, generally most of the "deals" are for upgrades, not onboard credit... typically any great "sale" is going to be for a ship that they are having a hard time selling... the Miracle does not fall into that category generally, they have no trouble filling that ship. Also, people are booking further and further out now, so you are taking a chance of course by not booking, and waiting and the price going up... if you book now, book with someone that will agree to some sort of credit if the price goes down. You didn't say when you were cruising, but if I am adding right, it seems like around 12/10/06? You could of course wait a few months... but if you know this is the ship, and the date, and you think the price is fair, I personally, would book it... The last several I have booked this far out, the price has gone up rather than down... there is also no telling what the gas woes will do to cruise fares.. I personally wouldn't wait... good luck!

Cruisingator (AKA "Gordon" :-)

Can I possibly e-mail you directly? I have a couple of questions for you...

If not, no big shakes. We all want our privacy!

If so, I really appreciate it! If you don't want to post your e-mail address, feel free to contact me at valenciq@bellsouth.net

Thanks,

Quincy

Archived