Quiz Question 2

LibraLass41

Are you 100% sure Sharon that every P&O ship has the coin Onboard in the fleet?

I posted this quiz on P&O FB, and no one knew of any except the correct guess person who said Arcadia - which it is from. Never heard the coin discussed before , especially on any of the other P&O cruise ships?

Are you 100% sure Sharon that every P&O ship has the coin Onboard in the fleet?

I posted this quiz on P&O FB, and no one knew of any except the correct guess person who said Arcadia - which it is from. Never heard the coin discussed before , especially on any of the other P&O cruise ships?

I said most ships have a coin under the mast - but it is not always visible to pax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mast_Stepping

They are visible on Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria as well. A coin was also laid under the keel at the keel-laying ceremony - certainly for Aurora and Oriana.

Ok, to conclude, I think that ARCADIA is the only P&O cruise ship with the silver £1 coin visible to passengers, the others below the mast and not where passengers can see it.

If you would like to play a little sea game on a sea day when the weathers not good enough for sun bathing ;) I'll tell you where it is, and then you can see if you can find it, and tell or not tell your friends to make the game harder...

Deck 11 on the forward side of the mast, if you can see yourself on the webcam you are inline with the coin...;)

Arcadias newly minted £1 silver coin was laid on May 26th 2004, by Sarah Dunkerley, one of Arcadia's youngest cadets at the float out.

The coin will stay with Arcadia forever ...

Archived