Mariner Magazine -- Hello Dolly!

jhannah

So Europeans don't receive the magazine at all? :mad:

We got the button and luggage tag last time with our tickets. We were wearing the buttons when we walked into the check-in area and were directly guided to an available agent for check-in even though there was a line. I was a but surprised as I heard before that HAL isn't offering priority check-in for past guests, but of course I didn't complain... :) Hope it works again on our next cruise.

Marc

I never realized that I didn't get this magazine until reading this thread. When I wrote to to HAL yesterday, I got the following response:

Dear Mariner;

We will be happy to send one to you in Portugal. Unfortunately we are not set up to do international mailings to Mariners on an ongoing basis. Your best alternative is our web site at www.hollandamierca.com

I say "thank you" and then tell them that there is no reason that they do not do international mailings if they accept international bookings. susan.

To me they replied:

"Thank you for your email telling us that you are not receiving mailings from the Mariner Society. Unfortunately, we do not send mailings outside of the United States and Canada at this time. You are able to obtain the most current information about prices and availability via the website http://www.hollandamerica.com. The prices will be quoted in US dollars. If you have questions about rates you may also send an email to reservations@hollandamerica.com."

I don't see the problem, as RCL apparently is able to send out their frequent cruiser magazine to Europe and recently even introduced translated versions for France and Germany (maybe even more languages).

Marc

It's strange that a cruise line named HOLLAND America would not be at the leading edge on European delivery of its magazine.

Apparently Royal Caribbean INTERNATIONAL has them beat - at least on that front.

• 3 weeks later...

Dolly Smith, now there is a neat lady. My wife and I were on the Prinsendam for the Amazon River cruise in December 2004. Dolly was on board. In fact Dolly was on board for the prior 4 cruise's and was remaining on board for the next 2 cruise's which were the Holiday cruise's. She then had to leave (I think!!) because the Prinsendam was going in to drydock in Freeport prior to the world cruise. Of course Dolly was on the world cruise as we saw in Mariners magazine. Now you ask how many world cruise's does Dolly have, well I dont know the answer to that question but during the Mariner Society meeting on the Prisendam it was announced she had over 5000 days on HAL!!. Yes I said thousand!!!!! That's a lot of lobster's!! My wife and I are going on the 62 day Orient explorer cruise on board the Amsterdam on Oct 6th and I asked Dolly if she would be on the cruise also. Her reply was "Yes, God willing". So we are looking forward to seeing her then, she is a delightful lady.

Could someone post a picture of Dolly from the Mariner Magazine? We were on the Prinsendam Transatlantic cruise last november (just before the Amazone cruise) and I wonder if I saw her then. Also, we will be on Prinsendam again in July for the Iceland cruise.

Marc

Could someone post a picture of Dolly from the Mariner Magazine?

After ranting and raving that I don't get the magazine, HAL did send me the issue. So I thought it was my responsibility to scan it. I'm sorry the quality is not better.

Also, don't you think it's interesting that Prinsendam passengers seem to be repeaters? susan.

dolly.jpg.4140fdadb4f98a3ca24778aac1784982.jpg

Thanks Susan!

The Prinsendam is such a special ship with a great crew! And the itineraries are also very interesting. So we decided during our first cruise on her that we wanted to cruise on her again! I'm really looking forward to it

Marc

Archived