dining question

mbclaw13

when there is a family of 4 for the MDR will we most likely get our own table or will we be booked with other folks. is there a way to request where you sit like by a window? when i traveled before we were in a large group and had our own table.

when there is a family of 4 for the MDR will we most likely get our own table or will we be booked with other folks. is there a way to request where you sit like by a window? when i traveled before we were in a large group and had our own table.

You could end up at a 4 Top or even at a 12 Top. However on the first night, visit with the Maitre'd for your dinning room and you can put in a request to move to a 4 Top and request something by the window (harder to request than moving to a smaller table) and you will either get a note in your room as soon as they can accomodate your request (or not) or he will call you. Sometimes you find out the next night when you arrive to the dinning room.

Now, if you are listed for "any time" diner, all bets are off because they assign you to a table as tables become open/available.

It is hit or miss, depends on how many 4 tops they have and how many groups of 4 on the ship. They have done this for us when it was just the 4 of us each time. You cannot request where your seat is...you can always asked to be moved but when you get onboard your table number is on your card so someone else probably already has that table...

I am glad you posted this! I was wondering the same thing!!! My family of four consists of me, DH, DD(11), and DD(6). If we are placed at a larger table will we be placed with other families of like size?

You could end up at a 4 Top or even at a 12 Top. However on the first night, visit with the Maitre'd for your dinning room and you can put in a request to move to a 4 Top and request something by the window (harder to request than moving to a smaller table) and you will either get a note in your room as soon as they can accomodate your request (or not) or he will call you. Sometimes you find out the next night when you arrive to the dinning room.

Now, if you are listed for "any time" diner, all bets are off because they assign you to a table as tables become open/available.

You can ask for a certain area, but may have to wait...if you don't mind waiting this is actually your best bet as nothing is actually assigned to change.

You can request both. Doesn't mean you'll get both (or either) but you can always ask.

Better chance with YTD I think. And on the ship we were just on Fascination, YTD was by the windows anyway. Not sure how the other ships do it, but as we were YTD, we had a great view, nightly

Most ships have the dining room arranged so that large rectangular 8 and 10 tops are along the window. But as others have said, go to the dining room as soon as you board the ship. Find your table number (the dining room name and table number are on your S&S card). If you don't like where it's located or the size go see the Maitre'D when he comes on duty.

The Fun Times (which you can pick up at any bar) will tell you which dining room the MD will be in and at what time. It's usually the forward dining room around 1:30.

I am glad you posted this! I was wondering the same thing!!! My family of four consists of me, DH, DD(11), and DD(6). If we are placed at a larger table will we be placed with other families of like size?

When placing people at larger tables they do try to keep them in the same sort of groups...they are more likely to put you are an 8 top with another family of 4 than an 8 top with 2 couples...

When placing people at larger tables they do try to keep them in the same sort of groups...they are more likely to put you are an 8 top with another family of 4 than an 8 top with 2 couples...

Thanks for the info! This is our first cruise with the kiddos!!!!

Archived