Questions from a first time Carnival Cruiser

bkw67

I have some questions, as this is our first Carnival cruise (and first time cruising the west coast). Just so you know, we are traveling with our two girls (there first cruise) who are 9 and 5.

Is there a meet and mingle party on Carnival ships for us “Cruise Critic” forum members?

Are the doors on the Pride (Spirit class) metal… i.e., will magnetic door signs stick to the door?

If not, what do I use for my “door art”

Anything we should miss, or should not miss on the ship.

We have a balcony; does the door stay open, or do you have to hold it open? What works best on holding it open? Does the A/C shut off when the door is open?

Anything else I should know?

Finally, what is your number one semi-secret (I won’t ask for your big secret) thing you have found on Carnival cruise line (the Pride or spirit class ships). Could be boarding tips, ship secrets, upgrade, discounts, credits, etc.

Thanks in advance!

you need to go to the Roll Call part of the board & look for others sailing with you to set up your own Get-together. There is a link in a thread at the top of the main Carnival Page.

The doors should be metal.....but a thing called Sticky-Tack or double sided tape is a good ieda.

The balcony doors do not stay open on their own. (why would carnival want to air condition the entire outdoors.) There are those who will tell you to take a bungee cord to keep the door open and where to place a magnet to keep the AC running............I persoanlly don't like the idea.....just think of the stress on the ships AC system if enough people do this. There have been instances where a ships AC has gone out...and you have a ship full of unhappy passengers wanting a refund for their cruise. IMHO

x

Let's see if I can help any. It's not a secret but on the Legend a spirt class ship the adult pool area in the back of the ship was great, if you want a little gueit time while the girls are in Camp Carnival.

Pizza is good and available 24 hours a day. Don't miss the shows IMO. I love to see all the shows.

I agree, please don't try to rig the AC to run while the balcony door is open :( I'm fairly certain that most that do would never do that at home.. and the strain on the AC system, if alot of people did this, could cause damage... When you open the balcony door, the AC cuts off, but I didn't notice it getting hot in the room...

As for a "not to miss"... the Supper Club... well worth the $25pp, wonderful food, service and atmosphere. I would suggest reading as much as you can on CC. There is a reviews section, and you can also do a search on the Pride and find alot of good info... have a wonderful cruise!!

Sorry if I came across as asking if there was a way to circumvent an A/C switch. :eek:

I just know that some ships A/C turns off when the balcony is open and some do not. On my last cruise (January of this year) we had a balcony and the A/C did not shut off when the balcony was open. Also the door would stay open on it's own.

Just wanted to know. :D

Sorry if I came across as asking if there was a way to circumvent an A/C switch. :eek:

I just know that some ships A/C turns off when the balcony is open and some do not. On my last cruise (January of this year) we had a balcony and the A/C did not shut off when the balcony was open. Also the door would stay open on it's own.

Just wanted to know. :D

No, no no!! I did not think you were implying that at all, I'm sorry!!! I was just stating a general observation.. I realize you were simply asking. I was referring to the many people that do know, but still insist on trying to get around it... Happy cruisin!

No problem.. after seeing two responces to the A/C, I was worried I had mis-stated my question/intention. On our last cruise we loved sleeping with the balcony door open and having the sound of the ocean put us to sleap! :cool:

Archived